About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Embrace the art of self-care as we walk you through crafting a DIY Light Body Lotion that blends the soothing benefits of aloe vera butter. This is a basic lotion that promises simple sophistication for your daily skincare routine.
Get ready to pamper your skin with a touch of homemade elegance. Let’s dive into the effortless joy of making your own DIY Light Body Lotion!
- Aloe vera light soft butter. You can use instead lemon, mango, or avocado butters.
- Sweet almond oil
- Bitter almond oil
- Stearic acid
- E-wax (emulsifying wax)
- Distilled water
- Preservative germall plus
- Fragrance oil
Choose high-quality ingredients to boost the effectiveness and safety of your DIY beauty products.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Small silicone spatula
- Electric hand mixer
- 120ml (4 US fl oz) bottle with long nozzle lotion pump
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Light Body Lotion
1- Start by pouring 11 grams (0.38 oz) of sweet almond oil in a beaker.
2- Add 4 grams (0.14 oz) of bitter almond oil. Exercise caution with the bitter almond oil; excess amounts may not be suitable for the skin. It’s recommended to adhere to the specified measurements to maintain the balance and safety of the DIY Light Body Lotion.
3- Add 5 grams (0.17 oz) of stearic acid.
4- Add 6 grams (0.21 oz) of E-wax (emulsifying wax).
5- Add 6 grams (0.21 oz) of aloe vera butter.
6- Heat and melt the contents of the beaker in a bain-marie (hot water bath). A bain-marie is done by placing the beaker in a larger pot of hot steaming water. Use a medium stove temperature. This will gradually heat and melt the contents. Avoid boiling.
While the contents are being heated and melted in the bain-marie, proceed to prepare the water phase.
7- Pour 94 grams (3.31 oz) of distilled water in a separate bowl.
8- Add 1 gram (0.035 oz) of the preservative germall plus.
9- Add 2 grams (0.07 oz) of a fragrance oil, such as lavender, rose, or a fragrance of your choice. Adjust the amount based on your personal preference, ensuring a delightful scent in your DIY Light Body Lotion.
10- The ingredients of the oil phase will have melted by now. To be able to use it for the lotion, the temperature of the oil phase mixture must be between 30 and 37 degrees Celsius (86 and 98 degrees Fahrenheit). If the temperature is lower than this range, heat the mixture up again in the hot water of the bain-marie. If the temperature is higher than this range, allow the mixture to cool.
When reading the temperature, allow enough time for it to stabilize.
11- Similarly, the temperature of the mixture of the water phase must be within the same range. If not, follow the same steps mentioned above to bring the temperature within the specified limits.
Making the Lotion
12- Once you have ensured that the temperature of the oil and water phases are within the allowed range, pour the water phase mixture over the oil phase mixture.
13- Start immediately whipping the final mixture with an electric hand mixer for 40 seconds, at which time the mixture acquires a lotion consistency.
14- Scoop the lotion into a bottle with long nozzle lotion pump. And you’re done!
How to Use: DIY Light Body Lotion
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use the DIY Light Body Lotion with Aloe Vera Butter:
- Cleanse Your Skin: Start with clean skin. Use your preferred cleanser to remove any dirt or impurities.
- Pat Dry: Gently pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Leaving the skin slightly damp enhances the absorption of the lotion.
- Dispense Lotion: Take a small amount of the DIY Light Body Lotion with Aloe Vera Butter. A little goes a long way.
- Warm Between Palms: Rub the lotion between your palms to warm it up. This helps it spread easily and absorb into the skin.
- Apply to Skin: Massage the lotion onto your skin using upward and circular motions. Pay attention to areas prone to dryness.
- Allow Absorption: Give the lotion a few minutes to fully absorb into the skin. This allows the nourishing ingredients to work their magic.
- Enjoy Silky Skin: Revel in the feeling of silky, hydrated skin. Use the lotion as part of your daily skincare routine for best results.
- Reapply as Needed: Depending on your skin’s needs, reapply the lotion as needed throughout the day. It’s a great pick-me-up for dry or tired skin.
Remember to store the lotion in a cool, dry place, and if any irritation occurs, discontinue use. Enjoy the natural goodness of your homemade body lotion!
Using the DIY Light Body Lotion with Aloe Vera Butter provides a range of benefits for your skin:
- Hydration and Moisture: Aloe vera butter and sweet almond oil deeply moisturize, keeping your skin hydrated and preventing dryness.
- Nourishment: Sweet almond oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, providing essential nutrients for healthier-looking skin.
- Soothing Properties: Aloe vera is known for its soothing and calming effects, making the lotion ideal for sensitive or irritated skin.
- Softness and Smoothness: The light soft butter and oils work together to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Fragrant Enjoyment: Infused with a delightful fragrance oil, the lotion adds a pleasing aroma, enhancing the overall sensory experience.
- Quick Absorption: The formulation ensures quick absorption, allowing you to enjoy the benefits without a greasy residue.
- Affordability: Creating your own lotion can be cost-effective compared to purchasing high-end commercial products, providing a luxurious experience on a budget.
Regular use of this DIY body lotion can contribute to a more radiant, nourished, and beautifully moisturized skin. Enjoy the simplicity and natural goodness of this homemade skincare solution!
Here are more articles you might be interested in:
- DIY Cream for Pregnancy Marks: Natural Solution for Radiant Skin
- DIY Clay Mask with Aloe: Best Kept Secret for Your Skin
- DIY Scented Skin Lotion: Refresh with Exotic Mango Tango
- DIY Scented Body Butter: Refresh Your Skin with Tropical Papaya
- Easy DIY Hand Cream with Rose Extract: Soft, Scented, and Soothing Care
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Light Body Lotion with Aloe Vera Butter are demonstrated in this video.