About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Looking for a simple and natural way to add a subtle fragrance to your skin? DIY body mist without alcohol might be just what you need. With only two ingredients – distilled water and essential oil – you can create an all-natural and alcohol-free body mist that’s perfect for everyday use.
In this article, we’ll share an easy recipe for making your own DIY body mist without alcohol, and discuss the benefits of using essential oils in your beauty routine. Get ready to create your own signature scent and nourish your skin with this simple and customizable DIY body mist.
What Exactly Are We Making?
Today’s product is so easy to make that we are going for three, each following the same procedure but with different fragrance and color. We can make the DIY body mist without color, but it is more interesting to add color that fits the essential oil that we are using.
So we will make together three body mists as follows:
Red Body Mist
- Red food coloring
- Essential oils: Jojoba and pomegranate
Yellow Body Mist
- Yellow food coloring
- Essential oils: Jasmine and lilac
Blue Body Mist
- Blue food coloring
- Essential oils: Coconut and tobacco
- Distilled water
- Essential oils: Jojoba, pomegranate, jasmine, lilac, coconut, and tobacco
- A collection of food colors (used for aesthetics only): Red, yellow, and blue
- Small spray bottles
Steps: DIY Body Mist Without Alcohol
1- Pour distilled water into a small spray bottle. Don’t fill the bottle up to the top since we need to add the essential oils later.
I am preparing all three body mists at the same time. Of course, you can make only one.
2- Add 1 drop only of food coloring into the bottle. The food coloring is strong, so just one drop is sufficient.
3- Seal the bottle and shake it to mix the water with the food coloring.
4- We’re adding 2 different essential oils for each color. For the blue, add 5 drops each of coconut and tobacco essential oil.
5- Seal the bottle again and shake it to mix everything together.
6- Repeat for the red color, but use the 2 essential oils jojoba and pomegranate. For the yellow, use jasmine and lilac.
7- Congratulate yourself for making your very own homemade body mist!
Important: The DIY body mist without alcohol that we made here can be used for up to 2 months. If you wish to use it for a longer duration, then it is necessary to add a preservative, such as phenoxyethanol at 1% (meaning for 100 milliliters of body mist, add 1 milliliter of phenoxyethanol).
How To Use: DIY Body Mist Without Alcohol
Using your DIY body mist without alcohol is easy.
Simply shake the bottle to mix the ingredients, then hold it about 6 inches away from your body and spritz a fine mist over your skin. You can spray it on your wrists, neck, or any other part of your body that you want to scent. Avoid spraying it directly on your face or in your eyes.
Since this body mist doesn’t contain any alcohol or synthetic fragrances, it’s gentle enough to use as often as you like. Enjoy the natural and subtle fragrance that this DIY body mist provides and feel refreshed all day long.
Benefits: DIY Body Mist Without Alcohol
There are several benefits to using DIY body mist without alcohol with essential oils, including:
- All-natural: This body mist is free from synthetic fragrances, alcohol, and other harmful chemicals, making it a safe and natural alternative to conventional perfumes and body sprays.
- Customizable: You can choose your favorite essential oils to create a signature scent that’s uniquely you. You can also adjust the amount of essential oil you use to make the fragrance more or less intense.
- Nourishing: Essential oils not only smell good, but they also have nourishing and therapeutic properties that can benefit your skin and overall well-being. For example, lavender essential oil has calming properties that can help you relax, while peppermint essential oil can invigorate your senses.
- Long-lasting: While the scent of this body mist is subtle, it can last for several hours. This means you can enjoy the benefits of essential oils throughout the day without having to reapply the mist constantly.
- Cost-effective: Making your own DIY body mist without alcohol is a cost-effective way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils. A little goes a long way, so one bottle of mist can last you for several weeks or even months.
For more articles on DIY handmade perfumes, check out:
- How to Make DIY Solid Perfume: Natural and Handmade Scents
- DIY Perfume: An Inspiring Guide to Crafting Your Signature Scent
- How To Make A Perfume Oil Of Passion
- How To Make A Perfume Oil Of Love
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY body mist without alcohol using 2 ingredients only are demonstrated in this video.