About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Looking for a natural and gentle way to take care of your skin? Handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil could be just what you need.
Beetroot powder is known for its skin-brightening and moisturizing properties, while cherry essential oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that can soothe and protect the skin. Combined with glycerine soap and wheat germ oil, these ingredients make for a nourishing and fragrant soap that you can easily make at home.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making your own handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil, and explain why it’s a great choice for anyone who wants to take care of their skin naturally. Get ready to indulge in a luxurious and all-natural skincare experience!
- Glycerine soap
- Pure beetroot powder
- Wheat germ oil
- Cherry essential oil
Are All These Ingredients Natural?
Yes, all of the ingredients used in this recipe – glycerine soap, pure beetroot powder, wheat germ oil, and cherry essential oil – are natural.
Glycerine soap is made from natural vegetable oil and is known for its moisturizing properties.
Pure beetroot powder is made by grinding dried beetroots and is a natural source of betalain pigments, which can help to brighten the skin.
Wheat germ oil is extracted from the germ of wheat and is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can help to nourish and protect the skin.
Cherry essential oil is obtained through steam distillation of the fruit and contains natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Using natural ingredients in skincare products can be beneficial for the skin as they are less likely to cause irritation or adverse reactions, and often contain a range of vitamins and minerals that can help to improve skin health.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Soap mold. Clean and disinfect the mold before you start to make the soap. Just clean it with warm water and soap and dry it with a tissue. Spray it with medical alcohol 70%, then leave it to dry, before wiping it again with a tissue.
Steps: Handmade Beetroot Soap with Cherry Oil
1- Cut and add 100 grams (3.53 oz) of glycerine soap to a small bowl.
2- Melt the glycerine soap in a hot water bath (bain-marie).
A hot water bath is done by placing the small bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the bowl without causing it to burn. As the contents melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
After the contents have fully melted, take the bowl out of the large pot and continue to the next step.
3- Add 1 teaspoon of pure beetroot powder.
4- Mix the ingredients well using a whisk.
5- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of wheat germ oil.
6- Mix the ingredients thoroughly with the whisk.
7- The mix is still hot. Wait 2-3 minutes for the vapor to disappear before moving to the next step.
8- Add 2-3 drops of the cherry essential oil and mix well. You can also use an essential oil that you like.
9- Pour the mix into the soap mold.
10- Spray the soap mix in the mold with medical alcohol 70%, to eliminate any bubbles forming on the surface.
11- Wait for the soap to fully harden, then remove it slowly from the mold.
12- I have prepared this mix for soaps to be given as gifts on the occasion of Valentine’s Day. Using the many mold shapes available, your imagination is the limit, for your own use and for any occasion!
How To Use: Handmade Beetroot Soap with Cherry Oil
Once you’ve made your own handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil, you’ll want to use it correctly to get the most benefit for your skin. Here are some tips on how to use your soap:
- Wet your skin with warm water before using the soap.
- Lather the soap between your hands or on a washcloth.
- Gently massage the lather onto your skin in circular motions.
- Rinse off the soap with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
You can use your handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil every day, either in the morning or at night. The soap is gentle enough for all skin types, but if you have particularly sensitive skin, you may want to do a patch test first to make sure you don’t experience any irritation.
With regular use, you should notice that your skin looks brighter, smoother, and more hydrated. Enjoy the benefits of this all-natural skincare solution!
Benefits: Handmade Beetroot Soap with Cherry Oil
Handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil offers a range of benefits for your skin. Here are some of the top advantages:
- Nourishes and hydrates the skin: The combination of beetroot powder and wheat germ oil in the soap can help to moisturize and hydrate the skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple.
- Brightens the skin: Beetroot powder is known for its skin-brightening properties, thanks to the natural betalain pigments it contains. Regular use of the soap can help to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
- Soothes and calms the skin: Cherry essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe and calm irritated or inflamed skin. It can also provide a gentle and relaxing fragrance.
- Contains natural ingredients: Unlike commercial soaps that may contain harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances, handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil is made with all-natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin.
- Eco-friendly and cost-effective: Making your own soap at home is a great way to reduce waste and save money in the long run. Plus, you can customize the soap to your liking by adding different essential oils or other natural ingredients.
By using handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil regularly, you can enjoy these benefits and achieve healthier, more radiant skin.
For more articles on DIY natural handmade soaps, check these out:
- Detoxify Your Skin: DIY Activated Charcoal Soap Recipe with Glycerine
- DIY Blue Nila Soap: How to Make it at Home with Glycerin
- DIY Cold Process Coconut Oil Soap: Nourish Your Skin Naturally
- Nourish Your Skin with Homemade Oat Soap: A Step-by-Step Guide
- DIY Coffee Soap | Brew up Your Beauty Routine
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make your own handmade beetroot soap with cherry oil are demonstrated in this video.