About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
DIY Frankincense oil extract is a powerful and natural ingredient that can transform your homemade skincare products.
This oil is derived from the resin of the Boswellia tree, which is native to the Middle East and Africa. Frankincense oil has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and skincare, and for good reason. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties, making it a popular choice for those looking to elevate their skincare routine.
In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to make your own DIY Frankincense oil extract and how to incorporate it into luxurious and effective homemade skincare products. Whether you’re looking to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or simply want to pamper yourself with a spa-like experience, DIY Frankincense oil extract is the perfect ingredient to elevate your skincare game.
- Frankincense powder
- Sweet almond oil. Alternative: olive oil
- Vitamin E capsule
- Glass beaker
- Measuring cups
- Glass jar with a sealing cover
- Stainless steel pot
- Medical alcohol 70%
Steps: DIY Frankincense Oil Extract
1- Add 2 tablespoons of frankincense powder to the beaker.
2- Pour 1 cup of sweet almond oil into the beaker.
3- Mix the ingredients well.
4- Open the vitamin E capsule and pour its contents into the beaker. Vitamin E extends the validity of the oil.
5- Mix the ingredients.
6- Now, we will put the mix into a glass jar for storage. But first, we have to disinfect the jar by spraying it with medical alcohol 70%. Then wipe it with a tissue, and let it dry.
Now, we pour the mix into the jar.
7- Cover, but don’t seal, the jar and place it in a stainless steel pot of steaming water. When the water cools down, remove the water and refill the pot with steaming water. We will repeat this process for a total of 3 times. Why are we doing this? To speed up the extraction of the frankincense goodies.
8- After this process, seal the jar, wrap it in a towel, and place it in a dark cabinet for 2 weeks.
Every day, take the jar out, shake it a bit, wrap it back up, and leave it in the dark cabinet; do this for 2 weeks.
9- After 2 weeks, the DIY frankincense oil extract is ready to be used.
How To Use: DIY Frankincense Oil Extract
Frankincense oil extract can be added to a variety of natural handmade skincare products such as soaps, scrubs, creams, and lotions. It can be used as an ingredient to create nourishing facial oil, moisturizing body butter, or luxurious sugar scrubs to help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate dry skin, and rejuvenate your skin.
On our website, just search for the term frankincense and check out the body butters, creams, etc, that incorporate this powerful ingredient.
Another way to use the Frankincense oil is to apply a few drops of it on the wrinkles and fine lines. Just be careful not to get close to the eyes.
Benefits: DIY Frankincense Oil Extract
Frankincense oil extract provides a ton of benefits, including:
- Improves skin elasticity: Frankincense oil extract has anti-aging properties that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Overall, regular use of this product can help improve your skin’s elasticity in the long run.
- Soothes your skin: In addition to anti-aging properties, frankincense oil extract also has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it great for calming and soothing your skin, especially if you have sensitive or irritated skin.
- Reduces skin issues: It is known for its skin-healing properties, and it can help reduce the appearance of blemishes and scars.
- Makes you feel relaxed: The scent of frankincense oil extract can make anyone using it feel calm and relaxed. Furthermore, it can improve your skin’s health by reducing stress-related skin problems such as eczema and acne.
- Protects your skin: Frankincense oil extract has antioxidant properties that can help protect your skin from environmental factors such as UV radiation and pollution.
More articles on DIY natural handmade extracts:
- Radiant Skin at Home: DIY Rose Extract for Skincare
- Vibrant Skin at Home: DIY Chamomile Extract for Skincare
- Healthy Skin at Home: DIY Green Tea Extract for Skincare
- DIY Licorice Extract with Glycerin for Healthier Skincare Products
- DIY Licorice Extract and Olive Oil: Nourish Your Skin with Radiant Results
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Frankincense Oil Extract is demonstrated in this video. Except that instead of using sweet almond oil as medium, the video shows the use of olive oil.