About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Are you tired of using lotions that just don’t seem to work for you? It’s time to try something new – and it’s easier than you think!
This guide, DIY lavender lotion with a cream base, will show you in simple terms how to make a lotion that’s perfect for your skin. Making your own lavender lotion is a fun and rewarding experience. Not only will you be able to control the ingredients that go into your lotion, but you’ll also be able to enjoy the soothing benefits of lavender essential oil.
- Cream base. It is described as base because it is raw and pure, with no additives added to it. So it has no oils, extracts, color or fragrance added to it. It is meant to be a base to which you add your own additives to make the cream or lotion that you desire. For example, if you wish to make an anti-aging cream, you just add to it the oils and extracts that help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines like this cream here.
- Lavender hydrosol. This is a botanical water made from the distillation of the lavender plant. It is colorless and has a lighter scent than lavender essential oil.
- Vitamin E
- Argan oil
- Frankincense oil. We prepared it here
- Avocado Oil
- Purple oil color powder. The oil color powders are soluble in oils.
- Essential oil
Unit of Measurement: Gram
- 100 grams of cream base = 3.52 ounces
- 2-5 grams of lavender hydrosol = 0.07-0.17 ounces. See below for the proper quantity to add.
- 5 grams of argan oil = 0.17 ounces
- 2 grams of frankincense oil = 0.07 ounces
- 2 grams of avocado oil = 0.07 ounces
- 1 gram of vitamin E = 0.03 ounces
- 3 grams of essential oil = 0.10 ounces
Steps to DIY Lavender Lotion With a Cream Base
1- In a glass beaker, measure out 100 grams of cream base.
2- Now, we will add the lavender hydrosol onto the cream base. For 100 grams of the cream base, you may add 2-5 grams of lavender hydrosol. 5g is the maximum quantity that you could add. If the cream base that you are using is rather thick, like the one I have, add 5g of the lavender hydrosol. However, if the cream base is soft, use 2 or 3g of the hydrosol. In any case, you should not exceed 5g.
3-Add 5 grams of argan oil
4- Add 2 grams of frankincense oil into the beaker
5- Add 2 grams of avocado oil
6- Add 1 gram of vitamin E
7- Mix well
8- Now, we will add color. As mentioned above, we will use oil color powder. However, since the cream is water-based, the oil color powder will not dissolve properly and might form clumps in the final lotion. This is why we will first dissolve the oil color powder into a little quantity of argan oil in a separate bowl.
9- Add the coloring into your lotion and mix.
10- Finally, it is time for the essential oil. For 100 grams of cream base, you may add 3 grams of essential oil.
This is our final DIY Lavender Lotion with a Cream Base.
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
You can see the steps explained in this article in the video below.