About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Looking for a natural way to exfoliate your skin and give it a healthy glow? Look no further than this DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub recipe!
Made with Himalayan salt, lavender essential oil, beetroot powder, and carrier oils such as peppermint and rose, this scrub is a luxurious skincare treatment that you can easily make at home. The exfoliating properties of the Himalayan salt combined with the moisturizing benefits of the carrier oils make this scrub a fantastic way to pamper your skin. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub!
- Himalayan salt
- Mint/peppermint oil. This is a carrier oil.
- Lavender essential oil
- Beetroot powder
- Rose oil. This is also a carrier oil.
- Measuring cups
- Tablespoons and teaspoons
- Stirring spoon / stick
- Container to store the scrub
Steps: DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
1- Add a 1/2 cup of Himalayan salt to a large bowl. If you see any large chunks of salt, just crush them with your fingers, so that you get a good scrub mix.
2- Add a 1/4 tablespoon of beetroot powder.
3- Mix the ingredients together with a stirring stick/spoon for 20-30 seconds.
4- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of mint/peppermint oil.
5- Add 2 teaspoons of rose carrier oil.
6- Mix the ingredients again for 1 minute.
7- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and mix for 15-20 seconds.
8- Transfer the scrub to a container of your choice for storage and you’re all done!
How To Use: DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
Start by wetting your skin with warm water. This will help open up your pores, which will make it easier for the scrub to work its magic.
Next, take a small amount of the Himalayan salt scrub and apply it on your skin using circular motions. It’s recommended to focus on areas that are rough or dry. Also, since the salt is coarse, be very gentle if you have sensitive skin.
After that, gently massage the scrub on your skin for a couple of minutes. This can help improve circulation and remove any dead skin cells.
When you finish massaging the scrub on your skin, rinse it off with warm water. You can then use a moisturizer to help lock in hydration.
Note: You can use this product as often as required. This will depend on your skin’s type and sensitivity. It’s recommended to use this product either once or twice a week.
Benefits: DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
A Himalayan salt scrub can offer the following benefits, among others:
- Exfoliation: Himalayan salt has a coarse texture which can help eliminate dead skin cells and other impurities from your skin. In turn, your pores will become unclogged and your skin will look smoother and softer.
- Hydration: Himalayan salt contains minerals that can help hydrate your skin. In turn, this promotes healthy skin cell growth. Your skin’s texture and elasticity will also improve!
- Anti-aging: Himalayan salt contains potassium and magnesium. These minerals can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Using a Himalayan salt scrub regularly will give you a more youthful appearance in the long run.
- Relaxation: Using this product can prove to be a very relaxing experience, especially if you combine it with aromatherapy. Overall, you can use the Himalayan salt scrub to promote relaxation and relieve stress.
- Soothing: A Himalayan salt scrub can have a calming effect on your skin. This is beneficial for those who have sensitive or irritated skin.
More articles on DIY natural handmade scrubs:
- DIY Turmeric Face Scrub – Revitalize Your Skin with 4 Ingredients
- DIY Aloe Vera Gel Scrub with Glitter: Sparkle and Glow Your Way to Healthy Skin
- DIY Turmeric and Lemon Scrub
- DIY Lightening Body Scrub With Blue Nila And Licorice Extract
- Luxurious DIY Homemade Body Scrub To Revitalize Your Skin
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub is demonstrated in this video.