About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
If you’re looking for a way to pamper your skin and achieve a radiant glow, look no further than this DIY lavender body cream with coconut oil and shea butter. This luxurious body cream is not only a treat for your senses with its relaxing lavender scent, but also nourishing and moisturizing for your skin.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this body cream at home and enjoy the benefits of natural skincare.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make your own lavender body cream with coconut oil and shea butter, and explain the benefits for your skin.
Note: to make this natural handmade cream, you will need to have prepared the lavender oil which is a core ingredient in the cream and quite easy to make:
- Dry the lavender flowering plant sticks in the sun
- Put them in sweet almond oil for a minimum of one month
- After one month, you can start using the lavender oil after filtering
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Lavender oil
- Lavender essential oil for fragrance
- Mica color powder. We’ll use purple mica powder since we are working with lavender.
- Optional: vitamin E capsule. You can use instead tea tree oil.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Small bowl
- Stirring stick or similar
- Small container
- Large pot
Steps: DIY Lavender Body Cream
1- Add 25 grams (0.88 oz) of coconut oil to a small bowl.
2- Add 25 grams (0.88 oz) of shea butter to the bowl.
3- Add 3 grams (0.11) of beeswax to the bowl.
4- Pour 20 grams (0.71 oz) of lavender oil into the bowl.
5- Melt the ingredients in a hot water bath. A hot water bath is done by placing the small bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the bowl without causing it to burn. As the ingredients melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
6- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of mica color powder to the bowl and mix with the ingredients.
7- Add 5 drops of lavender essential oil.
Note: you can squeeze the contents of a vitamin E capsule into the mix. This is optional; it prevents oxidation and rancidity and prolongs a little the life of the cream. Or you can add a few drops of tea tree oil.
8- Pour the contents into a small container.
9- Wait 2-3 hours for the contents to harden.
10- Congratulations, you have just made the DIY lavender body cream!
Using The DIY Lavender Body Cream
Wash your face and then pat it dry with a towel. Take a small amount of the DIY lavender body cream with your fingertips and slowly massage the cream onto your skin. Focus on dry areas on your skin. Finally, let your skin absorb the cream.
You can do this as part of your skincare routine at night.
Benefits of DIY Lavender Body Cream
Some benefits of using the DIY lavender body cream include:
- Soothes your skin: Lavender cream has soothing and calming properties, which are great for the skin, especially if you have irritated or sensitive skin.
- Hydrates your skin: This fantastic product also has moisturizing properties, which can make your skin look very soft after using it.
- Makes you feel relaxed: Lavender, as an ingredient, is known to have stress relief and relaxing properties. Using lavender cream regularly as part of your skincare routine has a calming effect.
- Is a versatile product: Lavender cream works with all skin types. Whether you have oily or dry skin, lavender cream will help keep your skin looking radiant.
More articles on DIY natural handmade body butters and creams in this sub-category.
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY lavender body cream are demonstrated in this video.