About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Today we are going to make a powerful frankincense cream for the skin. Powerful because it is made not with one, but two frankincense extracts: the alcohol-based extract that we have prepared in this article, and the oil-based extract that we will discuss below.
- Cream base — pure, raw cream with no additions
- Frankincense oil extract — we will prepare it below before we make the frankincense cream
- Frankincense extract — the alcohol-based extract that we have prepared here
- Argan oil — it hydrates the skin
- Vitamin E
- Oil Color (optional) — color that mixes with oils
Units Of Measurement
The following measurements are only for the cream itself.
- 50 grams of cream base = 1.76 ounces
- 5 grams of frankincense extract, oil-based = 0.176 ounces
- 3 grams of argan oil = 0.105 ounces
- 1 gram of frankincense extract, alcohol-based = 0.035 ounces
- 1 gram of vitamin E = 0.035 ounces
First, let’s make the frankincense oil extract
- Using a coffee grinder, grind one tablespoon of frankincense till it becomes powder
- Add 100g of sweet almond oil
- Store the container for 20 days in a cabinet. Shake the container every day or so
- Important: after 20 days, filter it thoroughly to remove any residue completely
This is how the frankincense oil extract will look after 20 days of storage and subsequent complete filtering. It is ready to use.
Next, let’s make the frankincense Cream
- In a small container, add 50 grams of cream base.
- Add 5 grams of frankincense oil extract into your cream base.
- Pour in 3 grams of argan oil
- Add 1 gram of frankincense alcohol extract in your mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add 1 gram of vitamin E and mix.
- You may add some oil color of your choice if you want. In order to do this, add some argan oil into a small container and dissolve a touch of your chosen color. This is done separately in order to avoid clumps in our cream.
- Mix the color into your cream base well.
The coloring is made with an oil color powder, meaning that it is suitable for oils. Ensure that the color powder is fully dissolved in the argan oil, to avoid any clumps in the cream.
This is our frankincense cream!
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
Start watching at 05m 42s in this video to see the steps of this article.