About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Hello! In this article, we will make a frankincense extract based on alcohol. This is a powerful extract, packed with a multitude of benefits for the skin. We will use it by mixing it into our handmade skincare products, including creams, soaps, scrubs, and more.
Learn how to prepare this awesome extract and reap its benefits!
- Unwashed Frankincense (only wiped down if needed to remove dust)
- Pharmaceutical alcohol 96% (this can also be substituted for oil)
- 200ml glass container
- Aluminum foil
Units Of Measurement
- 200ml container = 6.76 ounces
- 40 grams of frankincense = 1.41 ounces
- 60 grams of alcohol 96% = 2.11 ounces
Steps To Make The Frankincense Extract
- In a 200ml container, place 40 grams of frankincense.
- Pour 60 grams of alcohol 96% in the container. Make sure to add enough alcohol to cover all the frankincense and mix.
- Cover the container and wrap it with aluminum foil.
- Leave the extract in a closed cabinet for 10 days and make sure no sunlight gets in. Mix the extract around every 2 days.
- After a few days in storage, you will notice that the frankincense pieces start to diminish in size. This is due to the frankincense getting diluted, giving off its benefits in the alcohol.
- After 10 days, leave the container open for 2 hours to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Filter the extract afterwards to remove any remaining frankincense residue.
This is the alcohol-based frankincense extract ready to use in your products
How To Use The Frankincense Extract
In order to use the extract in your products, add 2%. So for 100 grams of a product like a skin scrub or cream for example, add 2 grams of the extract.
The frankincense extract helps with tightening the skin, eliminating fine lines, and more. It is often considered a “natural botox” when used.
Check out these natural handmade face care products:
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The first five minutes of this video shows the steps of this article.