About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Are you tired of using makeup removers filled with chemicals and synthetic ingredients that can irritate your skin? Look no further than DIY natural makeup removers! Not only are they gentle and effective, but they are also eco-friendly and affordable.
In this article, we will share one of the best natural makeup remover recipes that you can easily make at home using simple and natural ingredients. Say goodbye to irritating makeup removers and hello to a more natural and gentle approach to removing your makeup. Let’s get started!
- Cream base, pure with no additives. You can buy it in 500g or 1 kilogram, and it has no extracts, oils, fragrance or color added to it. It is a pure cream base to which we add any of these additives as we desire.
- Glycerin, which is great in hydrating the skin.
- Fractionated coconut oil. We have to use the fractionated coconut oil because it doesn’t freeze in cold weather. It stays liquid in cold and warm weather.
- Lavender essential oil. If not available, you can use the tea tree essential oil which has a cleansing effect on the skin.
- Mica color powder– optional. You will need a small quantity of sweet almond oil to dissolve the mica powder in, if you wish to add some color to the makeup remover.
- Glass bowl
- Glass mixing rod
- Small bottle or container to put the final makeup remover in
Notes: All the tools, equipment and containers that we use must be cleaned and disinfected with medical alcohol 70%. Always keep a tidy workplace when you work. When making a product, it can get cluttered really fast, so cleaning up is the key to working efficiently. And don’t forget to wear gloves!
Unit of Measurement: gram
- 50 grams of cream base
- 1 gram of glycerin
- 5 grams of fractionated coconut oil
- 3 drops of lavender oil (depending on how concentrated your oil is)
Steps: DIY Natural Makeup Remover
1- Add 50 grams of cream base
2- Add 1 gram of glycerin
3- Add 5 grams of fractionated coconut oil
4- Add 3 drops of lavender essential oil
Note: if you’re using a concentrated lavender essential oil, adding three drops is enough. If not, you can add more.
5- If you’d like a bit of color, mix a little mica powder with a small quantity of sweet almond oil in a separate bowl; mix well to dissolve all the powder and add a few drops to our makeup remover mix. You can also leave the product without color; it will have a nice white color.
6- Mix well and you’re done! That’s how easy it is.
7- Put the contents in a bottle or small box.
Benefits and Application
This make up remover is natural and very effective in removing all makeup, as you can see in the video below. It also cleanses the skin and hydrates it, giving it a glowing effect.
More natural handmade makeup products:
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps in this article are shown in this video