About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Fine lines appear as a result of aging and our natural facial expressions.
In this article, I’ll show you how to make a natural Botox soap to reduce the fine lines that appear on the skin with age. It is a simple product with incredible benefits.
For this product, the ingredients are easy and simple. We will be making a 600 gram soap.
- White glycerine soap (or clear)
- Shea butter
- Frankincense essential oil
- Rose essential oil
- Argan oil – Sweet almond oil can replace the argan oil
The glycerin soap can be bought in 0.5 – 1 Kg bars, and is special for melting. We melt the glycerin soap so as we can subsequently add to it color, essential oils, butters, powders, herbs, to obtain a soap with the characteristics that we require. This glycerin soap is raw and upon purchase it doesn’t have any additives. You can buy this pure glycerin soap online or in stores that specialise in soapmaking. Don’t buy it from supermarkets or pharmacies as it is not the proper glycerin soap for melting.
- Soap mold
- Alcohol spray 70%
Units Of Measurement
We will add quantities in grams.
- 600 grams of glycerine soap = 21.1 ounces
- 10 grams of shea butter = 0.35 ounces
- 5 grams of saffron = 0.17 ounces
- 5 grams of argan oil = 0.17 ounces
- 18 grams of frankincense oil = 0.63 ounces
- 18 grams of essential oil = 0.63 ounces
Steps To Make The Soap
- First, we will prepare the saffron/argan oil/essential oil mix that we will need later.
Mix 5 grams of saffron with 5 grams of argan oil and 18 grams of essential oil. This is the saffron mix.
2. Chop up the 600 grams of the raw glycerine soap.
3. Slowly melt the glycerine soap in a hot water bath. A hot water bath is done by placing a small pot in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the small pot without causing it to burn. As it melts, make sure to mix every now and then.
4. Add 10 grams of shea butter to the melted glycerine soap.
5. Add 18 grams of frankincense oil and mix well. This is the main mix: melted glycerin soap/shea butter/frankincense essential oil.
6. Spray your soap mold with alcohol 70% to cleanse it and disinfect it.
7. Pour half of the main mixture into it.
8. To the remaining half, add the saffron mix prepared earlier. Mix well.
9. Now, we are going to pour this mix into the soap mold, on top of the first layer.
10. Spray alcohol 70% on the soap to eliminate bubbles.
11. Once the soap surface has cooled slightly, you can sprinkle saffron filaments on it. 2-3 minutes cooling is sufficient for the top layer to form some kind of crust.
12. Try not to shake or move the mold while the soap is fully cooling.
When the soap bar dries completely, cut it into equal pieces. As you can see in the image to the right, I added a few dried flowers for decoration.
The main ingredients in this soap are the frankincense oil and the saffron. Both have tremendous benefits for the skin. They help tighten the skin and reduce the fine lines that show with age. The saffron also reduces puffiness and gives the skin an attractive glowing look.
It is truly an effective natural Botox soap!
Other natural handmade products for face care that you might want to check out:
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps in this article are demonstrated in this video.