About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Today we will use coffee, but not in a hot beverage. Rather, we will use it to make a natural coffee soap.
This DIY coffee soap guide will show you step by step how to make this homemade soap that not only offers a unique and invigorating scent, but it can also provide a range of benefits for your skin. From exfoliation to improved circulation, coffee has been shown to have a variety of positive effects on the skin.
- Shredded or cut-up glycerine soap.
- Ground coffee (don’t use instant coffee).
- Piece of loofah. We will place a loofah in the soap, because the coffee soap also exfoliates the skin, and the loofah makes the exfoliation more effective.
- Coffee essential oil for fragrance.
- Measuring cup
- Circular silicone mold
- Medical alcohol 70% spray
Unit of Measurement: gram
- 100 grams of shredded glycerin soap = 3.52 ounces
- 2 grams coffee = 0.07 ounces
- 3 grams coffee essential oil = 0.10 ounces
Steps: DIY Coffee Soap
We will make a coffee soap of 100 grams.
1- Add 100g of shredded or cut-up glycerine soap into a glass beaker.
2- Place the beaker into a hot water bath. A hot water bath is done by placing the beaker in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the beaker without causing the contents to burn. As it melts, make sure to mix every now and then.
3- Once the glycerine soap has fully melted, add 2g of ground coffee.
4- Mix well.
5- Add 3g of coffee essential oil.
6- Mix the contents thoroughly with a whisk.
7- Now is the time to pour the contents in a suitable mold that will give the soap the desired shape. First, spray the mold and the loofah with medical alcohol 70%.
8- Place the loofah piece into the silicone mold. Give the contents of the beaker a final quick mix, then pour the coffee soap into it.
9- Spray the surface of the soap with alcohol spray to eliminate any bubbles.
10- The time it takes for the soap to solidify in the mold depends on the temperature of the room. In any case, wait 3 hours before you remove it from the mold.
11- Removing the coffee soap from the mold
12- Finally, wrap the soap with a cling film (wrapping Nylon) to protect the soap from forming condensation on its surface. You can start using the soap the next day.
How to Use The Coffee Soap And Its Benefits
In the shower, use the soap and loofah to scrub your body well.
Some of the benefits of the coffee soap:
- Exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and leaving skin feeling smoother
- Improves blood flow and reduces inflammation, leading to a more even skin tone
- Contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from damage caused by environmental stressors
- May help reduce the appearance of cellulite by breaking down fat cells
- The scent of coffee is invigorating and energizing, making it a great choice for a morning shower or midday pick-me-up.
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
You can see the steps explained in this article in this video. One difference is that we made in the video more than one coffee soap.