About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Introducing our guide to achieving irresistibly soft lips – DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips: Softness Unleashed. Discover the art of crafting your very own lip scrub using simple and natural ingredients.
In this article, we’ll take you through an easy step-by-step process to create a lip scrub that will leave your lips feeling velvety smooth and beautifully nourished. Say goodbye to dryness and hello to a luscious pout that radiates softness.
- White sugar
- Sweet almond oil. You can use instead jojoba oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Mica color powder, pink
- Food flavoring. You can use strawberry.
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
- Wooden popsicle
- Glass container to store your DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips
In some of our articles, and for non-liquid ingredients, we use the measurements ‘One Spoon,’ ‘Rounded Spoon,’ and ‘Heaped Spoon’, to measure the quantity of ingredients, rather than precise measurements in grams or ounces. This is because adding a little more or less of the ingredient does not affect the final product. Both tablespoons and teaspoons follow these guidelines. Here’s a brief explanation of these terms:
- One Spoon: Fill the ingredient in a measuring spoon, leveling it with a straight edge.
- Rounded Spoon: More than a level measurement, with the ingredient piled above the spoon’s edge in a rounded shape.
- Heaped Spoon: The non-liquid ingredient is scooped as high as possible on a spoon.
1- Start by putting 4 rounded tablespoons of white sugar in a bowl.
2- Add 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
3- Mix well.
4- With the tip of a wooden popsicle, add a small quantity of pink color mica powder.
5- Mix the color powder.
6- Add 6 drops of food flavoring.
7- Mix thoroughly.
8- Scoop the DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips into a glass container. And you’re done!
IMPORTANT: Our ingredients are all-natural. For optimal freshness and to avoid spoiling, store the lip scrub in a cool, dry place outside of the bathroom. When picking up the lip scrub from the container, use a small wooden spoon or popsicle stick. To prevent moisture exposure, avoid letting water drops come into contact with the scrub. While you can choose to add a preservative for added protection against water and humidity, I personally prefer the use of all-natural ingredients.
How To Use: DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips
After concocting your personalized DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips, your journey to irresistibly smooth lips is only a few steps away. To make the most of this nurturing scrub, follow these simple instructions:
- Prep your lips: Gently cleanse your lips with warm water to remove any residual makeup or oils. Pat them dry with a soft towel.
- Apply the scrub: Using a small wooden spoon or popsicle stick, take a small amount of the lip scrub from the container. Apply it with your fingertip to your lips using gentle circular motions. The sugar particles in the scrub will help exfoliate dead skin cells, while the sweet almond oil will provide moisturization.
- Massage with care: Continue massaging your lips for about 1-2 minutes. This will help improve circulation and ensure thorough exfoliation, leaving your lips feeling softer and smoother.
- Rinse or wipe off: After massaging, you can either rinse off the scrub with lukewarm water or gently wipe it away with a damp cloth. Ensure that all scrub particles are removed from your lips.
- Seal in the softness: For the ultimate lip care routine, follow up with your favorite nourishing lip balm. Applying a lip balm after exfoliation helps to lock in the moisture and further enhance the softness of your lips. This step is crucial to maintain the suppleness you’ve just achieved.
- Repeat and enjoy: Depending on your lip care needs, you can use this DIY lip scrub 1-2 times a week. Regular exfoliation and hydration will keep your lips looking and feeling their best.
Remember, the combination of exfoliation from the scrub and the moisturization from the lip balm creates a dynamic duo that pampers your lips. Embrace this self-care ritual and let your lips radiate with the softness you deserve.
- Gentle Exfoliation: The scrub’s sugar particles provide gentle exfoliation, helping to remove dead skin cells from your lips. This process reveals smoother, healthier-looking lips and prepares them for better absorption of moisturizing ingredients.
- Intense Hydration: The sweet almond oil in the scrub deeply moisturizes your lips, leaving them feeling soft, supple, and rejuvenated. The combination of exfoliation and hydration contributes to long-lasting lip comfort.
- Improved Lip Texture: Regular use of the lip scrub helps improve the overall texture of your lips by smoothing out rough patches and unevenness. Experience the joy of running your fingers over lips that feel velvety smooth.
- Enhanced Lip Health: By removing dry, flaky skin, the lip scrub supports healthier lips. It can help prevent chapping, cracking, and peeling, especially during harsh weather conditions.
- Enhanced Lip Products Performance: When your lips are properly exfoliated and moisturized, lip balms, lipsticks, and glosses adhere more smoothly and evenly. This results in a more polished and flawless finish when applying your favorite lip products.
Incorporating this DIY lip scrub into your beauty routine allows you to indulge in self-care while reaping these fantastic benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should I use the lip scrub?
For best results, use the lip scrub 1-2 times a week. This regular exfoliation helps maintain soft, smooth lips without overdoing it.
- Can I adjust the scrub’s texture to my preference?
Yes, you can customize the scrub’s texture by altering the ratio of sugar to sweet almond oil. Add more sugar for a coarser scrub or more oil for a gentler exfoliation.
- Is it safe to use if I have sensitive lips?
Absolutely. The natural ingredients in the scrub make it suitable for most skin types, including sensitive lips. However, it’s recommended to do a patch test before using it all over your lips.
- Do I need to follow up with a lip balm?
Yes, it’s essential to apply a lip balm after using the scrub. This helps lock in the moisture and ensures your lips stay soft and hydrated.
- Can I add different flavors to the scrub?
Yes, you can experiment with various food flavorings to personalize the scent and taste of the scrub. Make sure the flavoring is safe for topical use.
- How long can I store the lip scrub?
Store the lip scrub in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It should last for several weeks, but it’s recommended to make small batches for freshness.
- Can I use the lip scrub on other parts of my body?
While the scrub is formulated for the lips, you can use it on other areas prone to dryness, like elbows or cuticles. Avoid using it on sensitive or broken skin.
Here are more articles on DIY scrubs:
- Easy DIY Natural Face Scrub with Coffee: Deep Scrubbing for Acne, Skin Tightening, Radiance
- Highly Effective DIY Pomegranate Body Scrub: Your Skin’s New Best Friend
- Soft DIY Foaming Body Scrub with Shredded Coconut: Exfoliate and Glow
- DIY Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub: Natural Fight with Cinnamon, Ginger, Coffee
- DIY Creamy Scrub for Rosy Heels: Radiant Glow at Your Feet
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make your own DIY Lip Scrub for Soft Lips are demonstrated between the timestamps 5m40s and 10m23s in this video.