About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
DIY foaming body scrub is an excellent skincare product that you should add to your skincare arsenal. This is because it’s easy to make and it provides many benefits for your skin.
In this DIY foaming body scrub: step-by-step guide, we’ll go over how to make this effective scrub, how to use it and its benefits.
Ready to begin? Let’s start with the ingredients and tools you’ll need.
- Foaming bath butter. What is nice about the foaming bath butter is that it is not oily; rather it is like soap. You can buy it readymade, or you can make it yourself as per this article.
- Sweet almond oil. Alternative: shea butter
- Oil color powder or mica color powder.
- Essential oil to your preference.
- A scale and some beakers to help you measure quantities
- Large bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Large spoon
- Stirring stick
Steps: DIY Foaming Body Scrub
I am making a sufficient quantity of the foaming body scrub to split it into three parts, each part with a different color. You don’t have to do that, but I myself like to make different colors and even mix between them.
1- Add 425 grams (14.99 oz) of foaming bath butter to a large bowl.
2- Pour 46 grams (1.62 oz) of sweet almond oil into the large bowl.
You can also use shea butter as an alternative, but you’ll have to melt it first in a hot water bath.
A hot water bath is done by placing a small pot in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the small pot without causing it to burn. As it melts, make sure to mix it every now and then.
3- Mix the contents using an electric hand mixer.
4- Add 425 grams (14.99 oz) of sugar to the large bowl (add the same amount of sugar as the amount of foaming bath butter).
5- Mix the contents with a large spoon first, then use the electric hand mixer to blend them thoroughly.
6- Add 14 grams (0.49 oz) of your preferred essential oil. Mix well.
7- For coloring, I will use mica powder. Just dissolve a little mica powder in a small quantity of almond oil in a separate smaller bowl.
8- Add the color and mix the contents well.
9- Store the DIY foaming body scrub in a container and you’re done!
How To Use The DIY Foaming Body Scrub
To use the DIY foaming body scrub, you should start by wetting your skin with some water.
Then, take a small amount the scrub in your hand and apply it to the skin. Massage and rub it gently on the chosen area. You should avoid going near irritated or sensitive skin.
After rubbing the scrub on your skin for a couple of minutes, rinse it off with water. Then, take a towel and gently pat the area. Finally, apply a body lotion or cream.
What Are The Benefits
Much like many natural skincare products, the DIY foaming body scrub has plenty of benefits:
- Exfoliates your skin: Foaming body scrub is an amazing product when it comes to exfoliating your skin. This product will instantly eliminate any dead skin cells!
- Makes your skin softer: Using foaming body scrub will make your skin much softer. This is due to its extraordinary exfoliating properties.
- Hydrates your skin: Thanks to the moisturizing properties of foaming body scrub, your skin will feel much more hydrated after its application. Hydrating your skin with a foaming body scrub will also make your skin very soft.
We have a full sub-category of articles here on how to make natural handmade body scrubs.
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY foaming body scrub are demonstrated in this video.