About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
In this article, we’ll guide you through creating your own beauty elixir with our featured recipe: “DIY Natural Soap for Cellulite Care: Infused with Coffee Magic.”
Embrace the transformative power of coffee as we blend it seamlessly with natural ingredients to craft a soap that not only pampers your skin but also targets cellulite. Discover the joy of radiant, silky skin through this enchanting journey of beauty and self-love.
- Glycerine soap
- Finely ground coffee. This is the core ingredient.
- Lavender essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Optional: frankincense essential oil
- Fenugreek carrier oil. You can easily make it yourself as explained below.
- Frankincense carrier oil. You can also prepare it yourself. Easy steps are listed below.
Choose high-quality ingredients to boost the effectiveness and safety of your DIY beauty products. Also, where an essential oil is included in my recipes, I utilize either of two types of essential oils: pure, if added in drops, or diluted, if mixed in grams.
How to Make Fenugreek and Frankincense Carrier Oils
Here is a brief method on how to make both carrier oils:
- Put one teaspoon of frankincense granules (or fenugreek) in a small glass container.
- Add 50 milliliters (1.69 US fl oz) of sweet almond oil.
- Store the container for 20 days in a cabinet. Shake the container every day or so.
- After 20 days, filter it thoroughly to remove any residue.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Medium-sized or large glass beaker
- Small glass beaker or container
- Glass mixing rod
- Silicone cavities mold for massage soap bars
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Natural Soap for Cellulite Care
1- Start by cutting 500 grams (17.63 oz) of glycerine soap into cube pieces.
2- Put the glycerine soap pieces in a glass beaker.
3- Heat and melt the glycerine soap in a bain-marie (hot water bath). A bain-marie is done by placing the beaker containing the soap pieces in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt the soap. Don’t allow it to boil.
4- Add 15 grams (0.53 oz) of finely ground coffee.
5- Stir thoroughly with a whisk.
Note: If the glycerine soap you are using is of good quality, it will stay liquid while working with it, like adding and stirring the coffee powder. If you see that the glycerine starts hardening, hence making it difficult to work with, heat it slightly in the bain-marie.
6- Wait approximately 5 minutes for the mixture to cool slightly. Ensure no vapor is coming off; this prevents potential evaporation of the essential oils we’ll add next.
7- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
8- Add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil.
9- As an optional step, add 5 drops of frankincense essential oil.
10- Stir thoroughly for 30 seconds with the whisk.
11- In a small separate beaker or container, prepare a mixture of 10 grams (0.35 oz) each of fenugreek carrier oil and frankincense carrier oil.
12- Pour the mixture of fenugreek and frankincense carrier oils into the main soap mixture.
13- Mix the contents thoroughly.
14- Pour the soap mixture into the cavities mold. This type of mold has protrusions on the back that make the soap, after solidifying, more effective when massaging the cellulite areas.
15- After pouring the soap, spray its surface with alcohol 70% to eliminate any forming bubbles.
16- Wait for the soap bars to solidify completely; this should take approximately 3-4 hours.
17- Remove the soap bars from the mold.
18- Your DIY Natural Soap for Cellulite Care is now ready for use.
How to Use: DIY Natural Soap for Cellulite Care
Here are the steps for using the DIY Natural Soap for Cellulite Care:
- Prepare for Use: After your bath or shower, ensure the skin is clean and damp.
- Dampen the Soap: Wet the DIY soap to activate its magic.
- Apply to Affected Areas: Gently rub the soap in circular motion onto cellulite-prone areas for 5-10 minutes.
- Regular Use: Incorporate this ritual into your routine at least three times a week.
- Patience is Key: Results may take time; anticipate visible improvements after consistent use over two months.
Embrace the magic of this DIY cellulite care routine and unveil the radiant, silky skin you deserve.
- Cellulite Reduction: The natural blend of coffee and other ingredients targets cellulite, working to minimize its appearance over time.
- Skin Tightening: Coffee’s stimulating properties promote blood circulation, contributing to firmer and tighter skin.
- Exfoliation: Finely ground coffee acts as a gentle exfoliant, removing dead skin cells and promoting a smoother skin texture.
- Hydration: Glycerine and carrier oils in the soap deeply moisturize, leaving your skin feeling nourished and supple.
- Aromatherapy: Lavender and tea tree essential oils provide a soothing and refreshing aroma, enhancing your overall bathing experience.
- Natural Ingredients: Crafted with natural elements, the soap avoids harsh chemicals, offering a more skin-friendly alternative.
- DIY Self-Care Ritual: Beyond the physical benefits, the act of using this soap becomes a therapeutic self-care ritual, promoting mental well-being.
Here are more articles on how to make your own natural soaps:
- DIY Orange Creamy Soap: Glow Up Your Skincare Routine
- DIY Cold Process Turmeric Soap: Combat Oily Skin, Acne, and Fine Lines
- The Formidable DIY Rosemary Hair Soap: A Solid Shampoo for Growth and Nourishment
- DIY Cold Process Green Tea Soap for Oily Skin: Green Beauty Unveiled
- Create Stunning DIY Glycerine Soap for Gift Ideas That Inspire Joy
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Natural Soap for Cellulite Care are demonstrated in this video.