About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Unlock the secret to glowing, revitalized skin with our DIY Orange Creamy Soap recipe. With just a few simple ingredients like foaming bath butter, orange extract, and nourishing coconut oil, you can create a luxurious creamy soap that pampers your skin. Discover how to craft this citrusy delight and elevate your daily beauty regimen to new heights.
- Foaming bath butter. You can purchase it pre-made, or make your own at home as per our article: DIY Foaming Bath Butter.
- Orange glycerine extract. You can buy it pre-made, or make it at home as per this article: DIY Orange Extract for Skincare.
- Coconut oil
- Frankincense carrier oil. You can buy it pre-made, or make it yourself easily as explained below.
- Vegetable glycerine
- Food coloring, liquid red
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
How to Make frankincense Carrier oil
For detailed steps on how to prepare the frankincense carrier oil, or oil extract, check out this article: DIY Frankincense Oil Extract.
For convenience, here is a brief method on how to make it:
- Put one tablespoon of frankincense powder in a small glass bottle.
- Add 100 grams (3.52 oz) of sweet almond oil.
- Store the container for 20 days in a cabinet. Shake the container every day or so.
- Important: after 20 days, filter it thoroughly to remove any residue completely.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Small whisk
- Optional – Electric hand mixer
- Optional – Piping bag
- Small glass container to store your DIY Orange Creamy Soap
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Orange Creamy Soap
1- Start by putting 100 grams (3.52 oz) of foaming bath butter in a bowl.
2- Add a drop or two of red liquid food coloring to the foaming bath butter. Thoroughly mix the color and assess if you desire a more intense hue. Be cautious not to overdo it, as an excessively strong color may affect the final appearance of the soap.
3- Add 5 grams (0.17 oz) of orange glycerine extract.
4- Add 2 grams (0.07 oz) of coconut oil.
Note: In case the coconut oil is in semi-solid form due to cold temperatures, you can easily melt it using a bain-marie (hot water bath). To do this, place a bowl containing the semi-solid coconut oil in a larger pot of hot, steaming water. Stir the mixture while it melts gradually.
5- Add 2 grams (0.07 oz) of frankincense carrier oil.
6- Add 5 grams (0.17 oz) of vegetable glycerine.
7- Thoroughly combine the ingredients by either mixing manually with a whisk or giving the contents a quick whip with an electric hand mixer.
8- Scoop the DIY Orange Creamy Soap into a small container, or better yet, use a piping bag to put the creamy soap in the container, thus giving it a nicer appearance.
9- Your DIY Orange Creamy Soap is now done! I added some optional decoration on the surface: a few glycerine soap shapes and glitter.
How to Use: DIY Orange Creamy Soap
To make the most of your DIY Orange Creamy Soap, follow these simple steps for a spa-like experience.
- Apply the DIY Orange Creamy Soap generously to your dry or slightly damp body, ensuring even coverage.
- Let the soap sit and work for 30 minutes, allowing it to pamper your skin.
- After 30 minutes, gently wash it away with warm water, or use a soft loofah to delicately exfoliate your skin, revealing a refreshed and revitalized complexion.
- Enjoy the citrusy goodness and the silky-smooth feel of your skin!
Here are some of the benefits of using DIY Orange Creamy Soap:
- Skin Hydration: The combination of foaming bath butter, coconut oil, and vegetable glycerine in this soap recipe helps to moisturize and hydrate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple.
- Natural Exfoliation: The gentle exfoliating action of the soap, especially when used with a loofah, helps to remove dead skin cells, promoting a brighter and more radiant complexion.
- Nourishing Ingredients: Orange glycerine extract provides a boost of vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
- Aromatherapy: The addition of frankincense oil not only imparts a pleasant fragrance but also offers potential relaxation and stress-relief benefits through aromatherapy.
- DIY Satisfaction: Crafting your own soap can be a fulfilling and creative endeavor, providing a sense of accomplishment.
- Cost-Effective: Making your own soap can be a cost-effective alternative to purchasing commercial skincare products, saving you money in the long run.
- Glowing Skin: With regular use, the DIY Orange Creamy Soap can contribute to a smoother, healthier, and more radiant complexion, helping you look and feel your best.
By incorporating this homemade soap into your skincare routine, you can enjoy these benefits while pampering your skin with natural and nourishing ingredients.
Here are more articles on how to make your own natural soaps:
- DIY Cold Process Turmeric Soap: Combat Oily Skin, Acne, and Fine Lines
- The Formidable DIY Rosemary Hair Soap: A Solid Shampoo for Growth and Nourishment
- DIY Cold Process Green Tea Soap for Oily Skin: Green Beauty Unveiled
- Create Stunning DIY Glycerine Soap for Gift Ideas That Inspire Joy
- DIY Cold Process Lavender Soap: Crafting Soothing Self-Care
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Orange Creamy Soap are demonstrated between the timestamps 9m0s and 15m26s in this video.