About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the art of creating your very own DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair. With just a few simple ingredients and a touch of creativity, you can craft scents that are as unique as you are.
Get ready to indulge in the world of alluring aromas with our step-by-step instructions. Embrace the satisfaction of a DIY approach and unlock the secret to irresistible scents at your fingertips.
- Raw beeswax sheet
- Blackberry carrier oil. You can use instead sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, or sesame oil.
- Liquid oily color
- Essential oil
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Stainless steel cup
- Wooden popsicle
- Small glass container to store your DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair
1- Start by breaking the raw beeswax sheet with your fingers, and put 10 grams (0.35 oz) of the broken pieces in a cup.
2- Add 30 milliliters (1.01 US fl oz) of blackberry carrier oil. You can replace the blackberry oil with sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, or sesame oil, which are equally odorless.
3- Place the cup in a bain-marie (hot water bath). A bain-marie is done by placing the cup in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually heat/melt whatever is inside the cup. As the contents melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
4- Allow the contents to cool off a bit, only till the vapor dissipates. Don’t let the mix cool down too much, because it will harden.
5- Add 5-7 drops of liquid oily color. Mix thoroughly.
Note: If you notice that the mix has somewhat thickened, place it again in a hot water bath. Let it cool down a bit before moving on to the next step, where we add the essential oil.
6- Add 2 drops of an essential oil that you prefer. Keep in mind that some essential oils are more potent than others, so you might need to adjust the number of drops accordingly. It’s always a good idea to start with fewer drops, mix thoroughly, and then add more if needed to achieve your desired level of fragrance. Remember that the scent can intensify over time, so it’s best to start conservatively.
7- Mix again thoroughly.
8- Pour the perfume mixture into a small container.
9- Your DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair is now done!
How To Use: DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair
Let’s explore how to enjoy the enchanting scents you’ve created. Using your DIY solid perfume for body and hair is easy—here’s how:
- Prep Your Skin and Hair: Before applying your solid perfume, make sure your skin and hair are clean and dry. This provides the perfect canvas for your chosen scent to unfold.
- Warm the Perfume: Gently rub your fingertip or a clean applicator over the surface of the solid perfume. The warmth from your skin will soften the perfume and release its captivating aroma.
- Apply to Pulse Points: For a long-lasting and alluring effect, apply the solid perfume to your pulse points. These areas radiate heat, helping to diffuse the scent gradually throughout the day. Common pulse points include the wrists, neck, behind the ears, and the inner elbows.
- Embrace Hair Perfuming: To infuse your hair with the irresistible fragrance, lightly swipe your solid perfume onto your fingertips and then run them through your hair. Focus on the ends and the crown for a subtle and delightful aroma that accompanies your every move.
- Reapply as Desired: Solid perfumes have a tendency to linger throughout the day, but you can reapply whenever you want to refresh your scent and invigorate your senses.
- Travel-Friendly Elegance: With its compact and spill-proof nature, your DIY solid perfume is an ideal travel companion. Slip it into your bag or pocket for on-the-go touch-ups that keep you feeling enchanting wherever you are.
Here are the top 5 benefits of using DIY solid perfume for body and hair:
- Long-Lasting Aroma: Solid perfumes are designed to release their fragrance gradually, providing a longer-lasting scent compared to traditional liquid perfumes. Enjoy the confidence of knowing your captivating aroma will accompany you throughout the day.
- Travel-Friendly Convenience: The compact and spill-proof nature of solid perfumes makes them a perfect choice for travel. Slip your personalized fragrance into your bag or pocket, ensuring you can refresh your scent effortlessly, no matter where you are.
- Personalized Signature Scents: Crafting your own solid perfume allows you to tailor your scent to match your personality and preferences. Experiment with various essential oil blends to create a fragrance that’s uniquely yours, setting you apart in a crowd.
- Targeted Application: Applying solid perfume to pulse points allows for more controlled and targeted scent diffusion. These heat-emitting areas enhance the perfume’s projection, ensuring you make a subtle and captivating impression.
- Natural and Nourishing: Using ingredients like sweet almond oil, blackberry carrier oil, and beeswax, your DIY solid perfume offers more than just fragrance. The natural oils provide nourishment to your skin and hair, leaving them feeling soft and pampered.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is DIY solid perfume, and how does it differ from traditional liquid perfume?
DIY solid perfume is a fragrance product that comes in a solid, balm-like form. It’s made from natural ingredients like beeswax and carrier oils, and includes essential oils for scent. Unlike traditional liquid perfumes, which can evaporate quickly, solid perfume releases its fragrance gradually, offering a longer-lasting scent experience.
2. How long does the scent of DIY solid perfume last?
Solid perfume tends to last longer than traditional liquid perfume due to its slow release nature. The scent can linger for several hours to an entire day.
3. Are there any skin or hair types that should avoid using DIY solid perfume?
Generally, DIY solid perfumes are made from natural ingredients and are suitable for most skin and hair types. However, if you have known allergies or sensitivities to specific essential oils or ingredients, it’s wise to do a patch test before applying the perfume to larger areas.
4. Can I use DIY solid perfume as a gift?
Absolutely! DIY solid perfumes make charming and personalized gifts. Create a scent that resonates with the recipient’s preferences, package it beautifully, and you have a thoughtful and unique present.
5. How do I store my DIY solid perfume when not in use?
Store your DIY solid perfume in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. This helps maintain the integrity of the product and ensures it remains solid and ready for application.
Here are more articles on how to make your own perfumes:
- DIY Oil Perfume with Shiny Finish: Sparkling Elegance
- DIY Creamy Perfume with Amber: Ignite Passion and Elegance
- Easy DIY Deodorant with Cream Base: All-Day Freshness with 4 Ingredients
- DIY Creamy Perfume with Musk: Seductive Fragrance
- DIY Creamy Perfume with Jasmine: Irresistible Feminine Scent
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair are demonstrated in this video,