About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Introducing a natural way to enhance your handmade beauty products – DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine. In this article, we show step-by-step how to make hibiscus extract using the vibrant goodness of hibiscus flowers and the moisturizing benefits of glycerine. The extract can be incorporated into body scrubs, creams, soaps, serums, and more.
- Dried hibiscus flowers. If the flower petals are small, you can use them as they are. If not, grind them a little but not excessively.
- Vegetable glycerine
- Distilled water
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Glass mixing rod
- Aluminum foil
- Fine filtering fabric
- Glass container or jar to store your DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine
1- Start by putting 8 grams (0.28 oz) of dried hibiscus flowers in a glass container or jar.
2- Add 30 grams (1.05 oz) of lukewarm distilled water. Make sure to warm the distilled water slightly before using it.
3- Holding the container in your hand, shake it for a minute or two to mix the ingredients.
4- Add 70 grams (2.47 oz) of vegetable glycerine.
5- With a glass mixing rod, stir the ingredients thoroughly. Ensure that the hibiscus flowers are fully submerged.
6- Seal the container and wrap it in aluminum foil.
7- Store the container in a cabinet, away from any light, for a period of 20 days. Every 2-3 days, shake the container gently, and ensure that the hibiscus petals remain submerged.
8- After 20 days, filter the contents thoroughly, using first a sieve, then a fine filtering fabric. This might necessitate repeated filtering till you obtain a clear liquid. Your DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine is now done!
IMPORTANT: Make sure that no hibiscus flower residue remain in the extract, as this could spoil the extract with time, or spoil the handmade beauty product to which you will add the extract later on.
How to Use: DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine
Once you’ve created your personalized DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine, incorporating it into your beauty routine is a breeze. This versatile extract can be seamlessly added to various handmade beauty products:
- Body scrubs
- Body mists
- Or other beauty essentials
Simply mix a small amount of the extract into your favorite product.
Experience the vibrant benefits of hibiscus combined with the moisturizing power of glycerine as you pamper your skin and enjoy the natural radiance it brings.
Here are the benefits of using DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine in your handmade beauty products:
- Natural Radiance: Hibiscus extract is renowned for its natural exfoliating and brightening properties, promoting a radiant complexion.
- Hydration Boost: Glycerine’s moisturizing prowess helps maintain skin hydration, leaving it soft, supple, and nourished.
- Antioxidant Defense: Hibiscus is rich in antioxidants that combat free radicals, contributing to a youthful and healthy-looking skin tone.
- Even Skin Tone: Regular use of hibiscus extract can help even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of blemishes and imperfections.
- Gentle Exfoliation: The mild exfoliating effect of hibiscus extract aids in removing dead skin cells, promoting smoother texture and improved absorption of products.
- Elasticity Boost: The combined effects of hibiscus and glycerine contribute to enhanced skin elasticity and a firmer appearance.
- Handcrafted Elegance: Incorporating your DIY hibiscus extract into various beauty products adds a touch of elegance and personalization to your self-care regimen.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine?
A: DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine is a natural concoction created by infusing hibiscus flowers with glycerine. It’s used to enhance the benefits of various handmade beauty products.
- Q: Is hibiscus extract suitable for all skin types?
A: Hibiscus extract is generally suitable for various skin types, but individual reactions may vary. It’s advisable to do a patch test before using it extensively.
- Q: Will using the extract make my skincare routine more complex?
A: Not necessarily. Incorporating the extract can be as simple as mixing it into your DIY beauty products for added benefits.
- Q: Can I adjust the concentration of the hibiscus extract in my products?
A: Yes, you can customize the concentration according to your preferences. Start with a smaller amount and adjust as needed.
- Q: Are there any precautions when using hibiscus extract with glycerine?
A: While hibiscus is generally safe, some individuals may experience sensitivity. Always do a patch test and discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur.
- Q: How long does the DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine last?
A: The shelf life of the extract depends on various factors, but can be expected to be six months. Storing it in a cool, dark place can help prolong its usability.
Here are more articles on DIY natural handmade extracts:
- DIY Aloe Vera Extract: Enrich Your Homemade Beauty Products
- DIY Orange Extract for Skincare: Transform Your Handmade Products with Citrus Elixir!
- DIY Strawberry Extract for Skincare: Powerful Elixir for Lasting Beauty
- DIY Frankincense Oil Extract: Elevate Your Skincare Game with Luxurious Homemade Products
- DIY Licorice Extract and Olive Oil: Nourish Your Skin with Radiant Results
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Hibiscus Extract with Glycerine are demonstrated between the timestamps 0m28s and 6m40s of this video.