About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Introducing our latest beauty hack: a Blusher and Lipstick DIY. Say goodbye to cluttered cosmetic bags with separate blushers and lipsticks. With just two simple ingredients, aloe vera butter and mica color powder, you can now effortlessly craft a creamy blusher and lipstick combo that will revolutionize your beauty routine.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of harnessing the power of “Dual-Purpose Makeup” using aloe vera butter and mica powder. Get ready to unlock a radiant and flawless look with this easy-to-follow tutorial. Let’s dive in and discover how you can achieve a stunning, natural glow with the magic of aloe vera butter and mica powder.
- Aloe vera butter. You can use instead lavender butter, mango butter, or unrefined (unscented) shea butter.
- Mica color powder. Since we are making a natural makeup product, make sure that the mica color powder you are using is natural, specific to makeup products, and of high quality. Choose colors that you like for your blusher and lipstick. The ones I like are in the images below.
- Scale to measure quantities
- Small glass bowl
- Glass mixing rod
- Small container to store the final product
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: Blusher and Lipstick DIY
1- Start by adding a generous teaspoon or 5 grams (0.17 oz) of aloe vera butter.
2- Add a partial teaspoon of mica color powder, or 3 grams (0.10 oz).
3- Now, we start mixing the aloe vera butter with the mica powder thoroughly. Don’t try to melt the butter on the stove or in a bain-marie. The end result will not give the proper texture for the blusher and lipstick.
Just mix with a teaspoon, preferably a long-handle teaspoon, repeatedly pressing it into the mix, as if trying to crush the ingredients, to achieve deep blending.
4- Keep mixing the 2 ingredients till you see the mixture transform into a lovely consistency.
5- The Blusher and Lipstick DIY is now done! Scoop it into a small container that has been cleaned and disinfected. There is no need to add a preservative. The product can last 6-8 months.
Let’s Test it Out!
I will apply two shades on my hand, as a lipstick and as a blusher.
The set of images directly below is for the orange shade.
And the set of images here below is for the red shade.
How To Use: Blusher and Lipstick DIY
To use the DIY concoction as a blusher, start by applying a small amount of the mixture to your fingertips. Gently dab the product onto the apples of your cheeks, blending it outward towards your temples. The creamy texture of the aloe vera butter will glide effortlessly onto your skin, providing a subtle and natural flush of color. Adjust the intensity by layering the product until you achieve your desired level of blush.
When it comes to using the same product as a lipstick, begin by exfoliating your lips to ensure a smooth canvas. Take a small amount of the DIY mixture on your finger or a lip brush and apply it evenly to your lips. The creamy formula of the aloe vera butter will provide hydration and a comfortable wear. For a sheer tint, apply a thin layer, or layer it for a more intense and vibrant lip color. Feel free to experiment with different application techniques and build up the product to achieve the perfect shade.
Benefits: Blusher and Lipstick DIY
There are several benefits to creating and using this dual-purpose DIY makeup product with aloe vera butter and mica powder:
- Versatility: By combining aloe vera butter and mica powder, you can create a single product that serves as both a creamy blusher and a lipstick. This versatility saves you time and space in your makeup routine, making it an ideal choice for those on the go or looking to simplify their beauty regimen.
- Customizable Shades: One of the advantages of making your own makeup is the ability to customize the shades to suit your preferences. With mica powder, which comes in a wide range of colors, you can experiment and mix different shades to create your perfect blush and lipstick hues. This level of customization ensures that you achieve a look that complements your skin tone and personal style.
- Nourishing and Hydrating: Aloe vera butter is known for its moisturizing properties. By incorporating it into your DIY makeup product, you can enjoy the benefits of added hydration for both your cheeks and lips. The creamy texture of the aloe vera butter glides smoothly on the skin, providing moisture and preventing dryness, resulting in a natural and healthy-looking glow.
- Natural Ingredients: By making your own makeup, you have control over the ingredients used. Aloe vera butter is derived from the aloe vera plant, known for its soothing and healing properties. Mica powder is a mineral-based pigment, often sourced naturally, providing a safer alternative to synthetic colorants. Mica powder is used widely in various makeup products, including blushers and lipsticks. Its popularity is due to its ability to provide a beautiful shimmer and color payoff.
- Cost-effective: Creating your own makeup products can be a cost-effective alternative to purchasing expensive brands. Aloe vera butter and mica powder are relatively affordable, and a little goes a long way. By making your own dual-purpose blusher and lipstick, you can save money in the long run while still achieving a professional and glamorous look.
By harnessing the benefits of aloe vera butter and mica powder, you can enjoy the convenience, customization, and nourishing qualities of this DIY makeup product. Say goodbye to cluttered beauty collections and hello to a natural, radiant, and budget-friendly approach to enhancing your cheeks and lips.
More articles on DIY natural makeup:
- DIY Natural Makeup Concealer: Say Goodbye to Chemicals!
- How to Make a DIY Oil Primer for Perfect Makeup Application
Natural Makeup Contour: DIY Techniques Using Organic Products
Gentle and Effective DIY Natural Makeup Remover
How To Make Lipstick At Home The Easy Way
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the Blusher and Lipstick DIY are demonstrated in this video.