About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on achieving luscious lips through an easy do-it-yourself approach with DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer. In this article, we will unveil the secrets of creating your very own lip moisturizer and lipstick using just two simple ingredients.
By following our step-by-step instructions, you’ll learn how to make a personalized DIY lipstick and lip moisturizer that will leave your lips looking and feeling irresistibly beautiful. Get ready to embrace the power of natural ingredients and unlock the secret to achieving those luscious lips you’ve always desired.
- Soft shea butter. It is a moisturizing and nourishing ingredient derived from the nuts of the shea tree. It is rich in fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants, making it effective in hydrating and protecting the lips. Soft shea butter helps improve lip texture, soothes irritation, and promotes healing. Its versatility makes it a popular choice for DIY lip care products, providing natural moisture and conditioning benefits.
- Mica color powder
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Stainless steel bowl
- Small containers to store the lipstick and lip moisturizer
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer
1- Start by putting 50 grams (1.76 oz) of soft shea butter into a bowl.
2- Add 3 grams (0.10 oz) of mica color powder. Here I am using the red color. By adding that much mica color powder, you obtain a lipstick in addition to the lip moisturizer. Feel free to use any mica color.
3- Now, we will melt the contents in a hot water bath (bain-marie). A bain-marie is done by placing the bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the bowl without causing it to burn. As the contents of the bowl melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
4- After the ingredients have melted, pour the mix into a small container.
5- Let it cool down.
Let’s Try it Out
You can use a lip brush to pick it up and apply it.
How to Use the DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer
To use the DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer, follow these simple steps:
- Lip Moisturizer:
- Start by ensuring your lips are clean and dry.
- Take a small amount of the DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer and gently apply it to your lips.
- Massage the moisturizer into your lips using circular motions.
- Leave it on to hydrate and nourish your lips.
- Reapply as needed throughout the day to maintain soft and moisturized lips.
- Choose a small amount of the DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer and apply it directly to your lips.
- Start from the center of your upper lip and apply the lipstick outward towards the corners.
- Repeat the process on your lower lip.
- For a more intense color, apply an additional layer.
- Optionally, you can use a lip brush for more precise application.
Benefits: DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer
- Natural and Safe: By creating your own lip products, you have full control over the ingredients, ensuring they are natural and safe for your lips. You can avoid harmful chemicals commonly found in commercial lip products.
- Hydration and Nourishment: The DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer provides deep hydration and nourishment to your lips, keeping them soft, supple, and free from dryness and chapping.
- Personalized Colors: You can customize the color to match your preferences. Experiment with different shades and mica powder colors to create unique and personalized lip shades.
- Cost-Effective: Making your own lipstick and lip moisturizer is a cost-effective alternative to purchasing expensive commercial products. The two-ingredient recipe saves you money in the long run.
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly: By making your own lip products, you reduce the need for single-use plastic packaging and minimize waste, contributing to a more sustainable and eco-friendly beauty routine.
Enjoy the benefits of your homemade DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer, and revel in the natural beauty of your luscious and nourished lips!
Here are more articles on how to make your own natural makeup products:
- DIY Lip and Cheek Tint: Embrace a Rosy Radiance Naturally
- DIY Easy and Natural Lip Balm: Enhance Lips with Natural Beauty
- Blusher and Lipstick DIY: Aloe Vera Butter and Mica Powder Magic
- DIY Natural Makeup Concealer: Say Goodbye to Chemicals!
- How to Make a DIY Oil Primer for Perfect Makeup Application
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer are demonstrated in this video.