About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Introducing our latest article on the delightful world of skincare: DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps to create your very own luxurious and moisturizing soap using white melt-and-pour glycerine soap, the soothing properties of Blue Nila powder, and a selection of nourishing ingredients.
Whether you’re a skincare enthusiast or simply looking to elevate your bathing routine, this DIY recipe will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated and silky smooth. Join us as we explore the art of crafting creamy soap infused with the goodness of Blue Nila, a delightful addition to your self-care regimen.
- White melt-and-pour glycerine soap
- Blue nila powder specific to skincare. Also called indigo blue powder
- Coconut oil
- Unscented shea butter
- Licorice extract. I will use here the glycerine-based licorice extract. You can make it easily at home here.
- Vegetable glycerine for extra moisturizing
- Distilled water
- Vitamin E
- Preservative phenoxyethanol
- Essential oil. Optional
- Scale to measure quantities
- Knife, to cut the glycerine soap into pieces
- Silicone spoon
- Electric mixer
- Glass container to store the creamy soap
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila
1- Start by cutting the glycerine soap into pieces. Put 110 grams (3.88 oz) into a pot.
2- Add 90 grams (3.17 oz) of distilled water.
3- Place the pot in a hot water bath (bain-marie) to melt the glycerine soap.
A hot water bath is done by placing the pot in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the small pot without causing it to burn. As the contents melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
After the contents have melted, take the pot out of the bain-marie, and continue to the next step.
4- Add 10 grams (0.35 oz) of coconut oil.
5- Add 10 grams (0.35 oz) of unscented shea butter.
6- The pot contents are still hot; mix the ingredients with a spoon, and the coconut oil and the shea butter should dissolve quickly.
7- After the contents have dissolved fully, leave them to cool down a bit.
8- Put the pot in the fridge for 20 minutes. This will harden the mix, but not too much: you can still impress your finger into the surface.
9- Using the electric mixer, whip the contents thoroughly till the mix becomes cream-like.
10- Add 4 grams (0.14 oz) of blue nila powder.
11- Add 2-3 grams (0.07-0.10 oz) of licorice extract.
12- Add 1 gram (0.035 oz) of vitamin E.
13- Add 3 grams (0.10 oz) of essential oil. I have chosen the oriental scent of ‘oud,’ which beautifully complements the Sahara-inspired essence of the blue nila.
14- With a silicone spoon, mix the contents well.
15- Add 1 gram (0.035 oz) of phenoxyethanol preservative.
16- As a final step, give the creamy soap mixture one last whipping with the electric mixer.
17- And you’re done! Scoop the DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila into a clean and disinfected glass container for storage.
How To Use: DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila
To make the most of your DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila, follow these simple steps for a delightful bathing experience:
- Wet your hands or body with warm water.
- Take a dollop of your homemade Creamy Soap with Blue Nila, which has a luxurious creamy texture.
- Gently rub the creamy soap between your palms or apply it directly to your skin.
- Massage the creamy soap onto your skin using gentle circular motions, allowing the nourishing ingredients to work their magic. Leave it for a minimum of 15 minutes on your skin.
- Enjoy the creamy texture as it cleanses and moisturizes your skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple.
- Rinse off the creamy soap with warm water, ensuring that all traces of the product are removed.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel, taking care to preserve the moisture that the creamy soap has provided.
- Follow up with your preferred moisturizer to seal in the hydration and keep your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
Incorporate this indulgent bathing ritual into your self-care routine, and experience the creamy bliss and skin-nourishing benefits of your DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila. Your skin will thank you for the pampering and care it deserves.
Benefits: DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila
Indulging in the use of DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila brings forth a range of incredible benefits, thanks to the carefully chosen ingredients. Let’s explore the key components and the advantages they offer:
- Blue Nila Powder: This skincare-specific powder derived from the indigo plant boasts soothing and calming properties. Blue Nila can help alleviate skin irritations, redness, and inflammation, making it ideal for those with sensitive or problematic skin.
- Coconut Oil: Known for its moisturizing prowess, coconut oil is a natural emollient that deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin. It helps to seal in moisture, leaving your skin feeling soft, smooth, and supple. Additionally, coconut oil possesses antimicrobial properties that can help keep your skin clean and healthy.
- Unscented Shea Butter: Shea butter is a rich source of vitamins and essential fatty acids that promote skin hydration and elasticity. It helps to restore and maintain the skin’s natural moisture barrier, effectively combating dryness and dullness. Shea butter also provides a luxurious creamy texture to the soap, contributing to a smooth and velvety lather.
- Licorice Extract: With its natural skin-brightening properties, licorice extract helps to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation. It also contains antioxidants that protect the skin from free radical damage, aiding in maintaining a youthful and radiant complexion.
- Vegetable Glycerine: Adding vegetable glycerine to the creamy soap formula enhances its moisturizing capabilities. This ingredient helps to combat dryness and maintain a healthy moisture balance in your skin.
Together, these thoughtfully selected ingredients synergize to create a DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila that provides multiple benefits. You can expect:
- Nourished, hydrated, and rejuvenated skin
- A reduction in skin irritations and redness
- Improved skin tone and texture
- And an overall indulgent bathing experience
Pamper your skin with this exquisite homemade creation, and revel in the natural goodness that these ingredients have to offer.
Here are more articles on how to make your own natural soaps:
- Unlock Beauty Secrets with DIY Rose Creamy Soap: Enhance Your Skincare Regimen
- How to Make a Luxurious Red Clay Soap Recipe with Licorice Extract and Glycerine
- DIY Henna Soap: A Natural Skincare Solution for Beautiful, Healthy Skin
- DIY Handmade Beetroot Soap with Cherry Oil: A Natural Skincare Solution
- Detoxify Your Skin: DIY Activated Charcoal Soap Recipe with Glycerine
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Creamy Soap with Blue Nila are demonstrated in this video.