About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Discover the rejuvenating power of our DIY Rose Face Toner recipe. Crafted with fresh rose petals and rose water, this homemade toner offers a natural way to revitalize your skin.
You’ll experience the enchanting aroma of roses while achieving a refreshed and radiant complexion. Skip the store-bought options and embark on a journey to healthier, more beautiful skin with our easy-to-follow guide.
- Petals of three fresh rose flowers
- Rose water, the kind commonly used in sweets and cakes
- Distilled water
- Optional – Phenoxyethanol preservative
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
- Measuring cup
- Small sieve
- Glass mixing rod
- Small spray bottle to store your DIY Rose Face Toner
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Rose Face Toner
1- Start by picking the petals of three fresh rose flowers.
2- Wash the petals with water to rid them of any dirt or impurities.
3- Pour two cups of distilled water into a saucepan, and heat the water on the stove.
4- When the water gets hot, but before boiling, put the rose petals in the water.
5- While stirring, allow the water to boil for five minutes exactly.
6- After five minutes, remove the saucepan off the stove, and allow the contents to cool down completely.
7- Using a sieve, strain out the petals residue and collect the rose-infused water in a bowl.
8- Add two tablespoons of rose water (the kind used in cakes) to the rose-infused water.
9- Mix thoroughly.
10- Pour the DIY Rose Face Toner into a small spray bottle, and you’re done!
Because we used water in its preparation, the product, as is, will last only one week if stored in the fridge. To extend the shelf life, you can add either of the following:
a) Phenoxyethanol, a synthetic preservative commonly used in cosmetics and skincare products.
- Use the ratio of 1 gram of phenoxyethanol for every 100 grams of face toner.
b) Or, if you prefer natural preservatives, you can use vitamin E or tea tree essential oil. However, it’s important to note that the shelf life won’t be as long-lasting as with phenoxyethanol.
- For vitamin E, add 3 grams for every 100 grams of toner.
- For tea tree essential oil, use 3 drops for every 100 grams of toner.
These natural alternatives can help extend the shelf life up to 1 month.
How To Use: DIY Rose Face Toner
To make the most of your DIY Rose Face Toner, incorporate it into your daily skincare routine. This refreshing elixir is designed for use in the morning and can be applied up to three times throughout the day for that extra burst of hydration and rejuvenation. Here’s how to use it effectively:
1. Morning Application (Before Makeup):
- Start your day by cleansing your face thoroughly.
- Apply the DIY Rose Face Toner to a cotton pad or spritz it directly onto your face.
- Gently pat it onto your skin, allowing it to fully absorb.
- This step also serves as an excellent primer before applying makeup.
- Follow up with your regular moisturizer.
2. Daytime Refresh (Optional):
- If you wish to use it during the day, simply spritz a small amount onto your face when you need a quick pick-me-up.
- It can also be applied before reapplying makeup to maintain a fresh, dewy look.
Incorporating this DIY rose face toner into your daily routine will help you achieve and maintain that radiant, revitalized skin throughout the day.
Here are the top benefits of using DIY Rose Face Toner in your daily skincare routine:
1. Hydration Boost: Rose water, a key ingredient in this toner, provides deep hydration to your skin, leaving it soft, supple, and moisturized.
2. Soothes Irritation: The natural anti-inflammatory properties of rose petals help calm redness and irritation, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
3. Balances pH: Rose water helps maintain the skin’s natural pH balance, promoting a healthy complexion and reducing excess oil.
4. Anti-Aging Properties: It contains antioxidants that combat the effects of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, for a more youthful appearance.
5. Radiant Glow: Regular use can help brighten your skin, giving you a natural, healthy glow.
6. Makeup Primer: Applying the toner before makeup helps makeup adhere better and last longer while keeping your skin looking fresh throughout the day.
7. Stress Relief: The soothing scent of roses can reduce stress and promote a sense of relaxation during your skincare routine.
Here are more articles on how to make your own scents:
- DIY Creamy Perfume with Lavender and Musk: Crafting Your Sensual Bridal Scent
- DIY Natural Deodorant Balm At Home: Craft Your Own Freshness Formula
- DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair: Irresistible Scents at Your Fingertips
- DIY Oil Perfume with Shiny Finish: Sparkling Elegance
- DIY Creamy Perfume with Amber: Ignite Passion and Elegance
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Rose Face Toner are demonstrated between the timestamps 7m30s and 11m55s of this video,