About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
This is a highly effective DIY night cream. It is applied in the night and washed off in the morning. It helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines and can be used for whitening the skin.
It is based on two mighty ingredients known for their benefits for the skin: frankincense and licorice.
What Do We Need?
- Frankincense oil extract. We will make it below
- Licorice glycerin extract. We will also make it below
- Aloe vera gel, natural and white in color
- Sweet almond oil
- Vitamin E
First, We Will Make The Frankincense Oil Extract
- Using a coffee grinder, grind one tablespoon of frankincense till it becomes powder
- Add 100g of sweet almond oil
- Store the container for 20 days in a cabinet. Shake the container every day or so
- Important: after 20 days, filter it thoroughly to remove any residue completely
This is how the frankincense oil extract will look after 20 days of storage and subsequent complete filtering. It is ready to use.
Next, We Will Make The Licorice Glycerin Extract
- Add two tablespoons of licorice in a 200ml glass jar. The licorice comes as shown in the image below, half crushed
- Fill the jar with vegetable glycerin (about 150ml) and mix well
- Close the top and cover the jar fully with aluminum foil. Store it in a cabinet for 25 days. Every 2 or 3 days, shake the jar for 15 seconds
Steps: DIY Night Cream
100 grams of aloe vera gel (3.52 oz)
5 grams of sweet almond oil (0.17 oz)
3 grams of frankincense oil extract (0.10 oz)
2 grams of licorice glycerin extract (0.07 oz)
1 gram of vitamin E (0.03 oz)
1- Place 100g of aloe vera in a glass beaker
2- Add 5g of sweet almond oil
3- Mix well
4- Add 3g of frankincense oil extract
5- Mix again
6- Add 2g of licorice glycerin extract
7- Mix very well
8- Add 1g of vitamin E oil. Stir
9- We add now a bit of color. Mix some mica powder with a little of almond oil first, and then add it to our cream
10- Place the cream in a glass container
The core ingredients in this cream are very effective. The way to apply the cream is to wash the face with soap and water, rub the cream on the skin, keeping away from the eyes. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning. With regular use, the benefits will show.
For more natural and handmade skincare and haircare products, here are some other articles to check out:
The video below shows the steps explained in this article.