About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on creating a powerful DIY Matcha Body Butter for achieving radiant and glowing skin. Harnessing the amazing properties of matcha powder, shea butter, and essential oils, this homemade body butter is a luxurious treat that will leave your skin feeling nourished and revitalized.
Matcha, well-known for its antioxidant-rich properties, has been cherished for centuries in traditional skincare routines. When combined with the moisturizing goodness of shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and a hint of avocado oil, this delightful blend creates a rejuvenating concoction that will work wonders on your skin. Plus, the addition of a refreshing essential oil like mint adds a delightful scent and an extra touch of invigoration.
Throughout this article, we’ll walk you through the process of crafting your very own Matcha Body Butter at home. It’s a simple and rewarding DIY project that allows you to control the ingredients, ensuring you’re only putting the best on your skin. Let the pampering begin!
- Odorless shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Matcha powder
- Sweet almond oil
- Avocado oil
- Essential oil, like mint
- Arrowroot powder or corn flour – To reduce the feel of oiliness of the body butter on the skin.
- Mica color powder – Optional
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Electric hand mixer
- Silicone spatula
- Glass container to store the DIY Matcha Body Butter
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Matcha Body Butter
1- Start by adding 100 grams (3.5 oz) of odorless shea butter.
2- Add 10 grams (0.35 oz) of coconut oil.
3- Add 20 grams (0.70 oz) of sweet almond oil.
4- Place the bowl in a bain-marie (hot water bath) to melt the ingredients.
A bain-marie is done by placing the bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the bowl without causing it to burn. As the contents melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
After the contents have melted, take the bowl out of the bain-marie.
5- Put the bowl in the fridge. This will cool and harden the mix, but we do not want it to become too hard: you should still be able to impress your finger into the surface.
6- Using the electric mixer, whip the contents thoroughly till they become cream-like.
7- Add 2 grams (0.070 oz) of matcha powder.
8- Use a tablespoon or silicone spatula to mix the matcha powder thoroughly with the other ingredients.
9- As an optional step, add a little mica color powder in a color that enhances the mix. Mix again.
10- Add 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters or 0.084 US fl oz) of avocado oil.
11- Mix well.
12- Add 3.5 grams (0.12 oz) of mint essential oil.
13- Mix again.
14- Add 3.5 grams (0.12 oz) of arrowroot powder or corn flour. This is to reduce the feel of oiliness of the DIY Matcha Body Butter on the skin.
15- With the spatula, mix all the contents well.
16- Using the electric hand mixer, whip up the contents for the last time.
17- Scoop the DIY Matcha Body Butter into a glass container. It is now done!
How To Use: DIY Matcha Body Butter
Using your homemade DIY Matcha Body Butter is a delightful experience that will leave your skin feeling nourished and pampered. Here’s a simple guide on how to apply it for the best results:
- Cleanse Your Skin: Before applying the Matcha Body Butter, make sure your skin is clean and free from any dirt or impurities. You can use your regular cleanser or a gentle soap to wash your body and face.
- Take a Small Amount: Scoop out a small amount of the Matcha Body Butter using your fingertips. A little goes a long way, so start with a small quantity and add more if needed.
- Warm It Up: Rub the body butter between your palms to warm it up. This will help it melt and spread more easily on your skin.
- Apply Gently: Massage the body butter onto your skin using gentle, circular motions. Focus on areas that tend to be drier, such as elbows, knees, and heels.
- Let It Absorb: Allow the body butter to absorb into your skin for a few minutes.
- Use as Desired: You can use the Matcha Body Butter as often as you like. For best results, apply it after showering or bathing when your skin is slightly damp. This helps to lock in moisture and enhance the butter’s effectiveness.
Remember, since this body butter is made from natural ingredients, it’s best to store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to maintain its quality and freshness.
Benefits: DIY Matcha Body Butter
Using DIY Matcha Body Butter can offer a plethora of benefits for your skin, thanks to its powerful combination of nourishing ingredients. Here are some of the key benefits you can expect:
- Deep Hydration: The rich blend of shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and avocado oil works together to deeply moisturize and hydrate your skin. This helps to combat dryness, leaving your skin feeling soft, smooth, and supple.
- Antioxidant-Rich: Matcha powder is packed with antioxidants, such as catechins and polyphenols, which help to neutralize free radicals and protect your skin from environmental damage. This can aid in preventing premature aging and maintaining a youthful appearance.
- Nourishes and Revitalizes: The nourishing properties of the body butter help to revitalize tired and dull-looking skin, giving it a healthy and radiant glow.
- Soothes Irritated Skin: The combination of natural oils and shea butter can help soothe and calm irritated or inflamed skin, making it suitable for those with sensitive skin as well.
- Helps Improve Skin Elasticity: The presence of antioxidants and essential fatty acids in the body butter can promote better skin elasticity, helping to firm and tone the skin over time.
- Enhances Skin Texture: Regular use of the Matcha Body Butter can improve the overall texture of your skin, making it feel smoother and more even.
- Aromatherapy Benefits: The addition of essential oil, such as mint, provides a delightful scent that can have a positive impact on your mood and senses, offering a relaxing and refreshing aromatherapy experience.
- Natural and Chemical-Free: DIY Matcha Body Butter is free from harmful chemicals and synthetic additives commonly found in commercial skincare products, making it a safe and natural option for your skin.
- Eco-Friendly: By making your own body butter, you reduce the need for store-bought products, which can be more sustainable and environmentally friendly in the long run.
Embrace the goodness of DIY Matcha Body Butter and indulge in the nourishment and care it provides for your skin. With its natural and effective ingredients, this homemade body butter is sure to become a staple in your skincare routine, revealing your skin’s natural radiance and beauty.
Here are more articles on DIY body butters and creams:
- Powerful DIY Natural Deodorant Cream: Stay Fresh and Confident All Day
- DIY Natural Jelly for Hands: Experience the Magic of Soft, Supple Skin
- DIY Foaming Bath Butter: Elevate Your Natural Skincare Game for Glowing Results
- DIY Natural Jelly for Soft Feet: Unlock Softness with Only 2 Ingredients
- DIY Cream for Mild Eczema: Revitalize Your Skin Naturally with 3 Ingredients Only
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps for how to make the DIY Matcha Body Butter are demonstrated in this video.