About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Embark on a journey towards all-day freshness with our comprehensive DIY Natural Deodorant Cream guide. This powerful solution empowers you to break free from chemical-laden options and create your very own effective deodorant.
By combining carefully selected ingredients such as odorless shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, and soothing lavender oil, you’ll discover a natural alternative that truly works. Enhance its effectiveness with corn flour, sodium bicarbonate, and vitamin E, neutralizing even the most persistent odors.
Embrace a fresh, confident, and chemical-free lifestyle by trying our step-by-step DIY Natural Deodorant Cream recipe today!
- Odorless shea butter
- 3 oils: coconut oil, avocado oil, and lavender oil
- Corn flour
- Sodium bicarbonate, also known as baking soda
- Lemon extract, or orange extract in case of sensitive skin
- Lemon essential oil
- Vitamin E capsule
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Small container to store the DIY Natural Deodorant Cream
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Natural Deodorant Cream
1- Start by adding 50 grams (1.76 oz) of odorless shea butter into the bowl.
2- Add 10 grams (0.35 oz) of coconut oil.
3- Add 6 grams (0.21 oz) of avocado oil.
4- Add 3 grams (0.10 oz) of lavender oil.
5- Now, we will semi-melt the contents in a hot water bath (bain-marie).
What is a bain-marie? A bain-marie is done by placing the bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the bowl without causing it to burn. But we don’t want to melt the contents fully. We only want them to soften and become cream-like, like in the image below.
6- Add 20 grams (0.70 oz) of corn flour. This is a core ingredient in the DIY Natural Deodorant Cream as it absorbs perspiration.
7- Add 2 grams (0.07 oz) of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
8- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients thoroughly.
9- Add just a little quantity of lemon extract, i.e. less than 1 gram (0.035 oz), or the tip of a teaspoon.
10- Add 1 gram (0.035 oz) of lemon essential oil.
11- Again with the whisk, mix the contents very well.
12- Add vitamin E, by cutting the capsule and squeezing its contents into the bowl.
13- Mix thoroughly the contents as a final step.
14- The DIY Natural Deodorant Cream is now done! Scoop it into a small container or jar.
How To Use: DIY Natural Deodorant Cream
Using your homemade DIY Natural Deodorant Cream is simple and straightforward. Follow these easy steps to ensure optimal freshness throughout the day:
- Clean and dry: Start with clean and dry underarms. Ensure that there is no residue from previous deodorants or antiperspirants.
- Take a pea-sized amount: Scoop a small amount of the deodorant cream using clean fingers or a clean spatula. Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Warm and soften: Rub the deodorant cream between your fingers to warm it up and soften it slightly. This will make it easier to apply.
- Apply evenly: Gently apply the cream to your underarms using circular motions. Make sure to cover the entire underarm area for maximum effectiveness.
- Allow absorption: Give the deodorant cream a few moments to fully absorb into your skin before getting dressed. This will prevent any potential transfer onto your clothing.
- Reapply as needed: Depending on your body’s individual needs, you may choose to reapply the deodorant cream throughout the day for continuous freshness. Experiment to find the frequency that works best for you.
That’s it! By following these steps, you can enjoy the benefits of your DIY Natural Deodorant Cream and stay fresh with the power of natural ingredients.
Benefits: DIY Natural Deodorant Cream
Using DIY Natural Deodorant Cream offers a range of benefits that go beyond just odor control. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Chemical-free: Unlike commercial deodorants that often contain harsh chemicals, DIY Natural Deodorant Cream allows you to have complete control over the ingredients. You can avoid potentially harmful substances like parabens, aluminum, and artificial fragrances, reducing your exposure to unnecessary chemicals.
- Natural odor control: The carefully selected natural ingredients in the deodorant cream, such as coconut oil, avocado oil, and lavender oil, work together to combat odors effectively. You can feel confident knowing that you are addressing body odor with natural solutions.
- Moisturizing and nourishing: Many DIY Natural Deodorant Cream recipes include ingredients like shea butter and vitamin E, which offer moisturizing and nourishing properties for your underarm skin. This can help prevent dryness and maintain healthy skin.
- Customizability: DIY Natural Deodorant Cream allows you to tailor the formula to your personal preferences and needs. You can experiment with different essential oils for varying scents or adjust the ingredient ratios to find the perfect balance for your skin type.
- Cost-effective: Creating your own deodorant cream can be more cost-effective in the long run compared to buying commercial products. Once you have a supply of the necessary ingredients, you can make multiple batches of deodorant cream, reducing the need for frequent store-bought purchases.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly: By making your own deodorant, you reduce plastic waste from single-use deodorant containers. You can store your DIY Natural Deodorant Cream in reusable glass jars or containers, contributing to a more sustainable lifestyle.
Enjoy the benefits of DIY Natural Deodorant Cream and embrace a natural, chemical-free approach to personal care. Experience the power of natural ingredients and the satisfaction of creating your own effective deodorant.
Here are more articles on DIY body butters and creams:
- DIY Natural Jelly for Hands: Experience the Magic of Soft, Supple Skin
- DIY Foaming Bath Butter: Elevate Your Natural Skincare Game for Glowing Results
- DIY Natural Jelly for Soft Feet: Unlock Softness with Only 2 Ingredients
- DIY Cream for Mild Eczema: Revitalize Your Skin Naturally with 3 Ingredients Only
- DIY Beetroot Body Butter: Nourish and Rejuvenate Your Skin Naturally
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps for how to make the DIY Natural Deodorant Cream are demonstrated in this video.