About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Say goodbye to your skincare woes with this DIY Face Mask for Large Pores. This natural remedy harnesses the revitalizing properties of oats to transform your complexion.
In this article, we’ll guide you through crafting this simple yet effective mask, enriched with the goodness of oat power. Get ready to unveil smoother, pore-refined skin with ingredients you probably already have at home.
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
- Oat flakes. Use a blender to grind the flakes into a fine powder.
- Rose water
- Fresh lemon juice. The lemon juice is not advisable for sensitive skin. See note below.
Note for Sensitive Skin
Lemon juice may cause irritation or a tingling sensation on sensitive skin. Consider using an alternative ingredient that provides similar benefits without the potential for irritation. Here are a few options:
- Cucumber Juice: Cucumber juice is soothing and has natural astringent properties. It can help tighten pores and refresh the skin without causing irritation.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is known for its calming and hydrating properties. It can help reduce pore size and promote healthier skin.
- Green Tea: Brew some green tea and let it cool. Green tea contains antioxidants and can help with pore reduction while being gentle on sensitive skin.
- Blender to grind the oat flakes into a fine powder
- Small whisk
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Face Mask for Large Pores
In some of our articles, and for non-liquid ingredients, we use the measurements ‘One Spoon,’ ‘Rounded Spoon,’ and ‘Heaped Spoon’, to measure the quantity of ingredients, rather than precise measurements in grams or ounces. This is because adding a little more or less of the ingredient does not affect the final product. Both tablespoons and teaspoons follow these guidelines. Here’s a brief explanation of these terms:
- One Spoon: Fill the ingredient in a measuring spoon, leveling it with a straight edge.
- Rounded Spoon: More than a level measurement, with the ingredient piled above the spoon’s edge in a rounded shape.
- Heaped Spoon: The non-liquid ingredient is scooped as high as possible on a spoon.
1- Start by using a blender to grind oat flakes into a fine powder. In the next step, you will need two heaped tablespoons of finely ground oat powder.
2- Put two heaped tablespoons of finely ground oat powder in a bowl.
3- Add one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
4- Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
5- Add three tablespoons of rose water.
6- Using a small whisk, mix the ingredients thoroughly. The resulting mixture should have a paste-like, smooth and spreadable consistency. It should not be overly liquid or excessively thick.
7- Your DIY Face Mask for Large Pores is now done and ready for use!
How To Use: DIY Face Mask for Large Pores
- Prepare Fresh: Since this mask is easily prepared, it’s best to make a fresh batch each time you plan to use it. This ensures that you get the maximum benefit from the ingredients.
- Apply Evenly: Begin by spreading the prepared oat-based mask evenly on the areas of your skin where large pores are a concern. Use gentle, upward strokes to ensure thorough coverage.
- Let it Sit: Allow the mask to work its magic for approximately 15 minutes. During this time, relax and let the natural ingredients get to work on your pores.
- Massage Gently: After the waiting period, wet your fingers slightly and, using gentle circular motions, massage the mask into your skin. This step helps to exfoliate and further enhance its pore-refining effects.
- Rinse Off: To complete the process, rinse your face with lukewarm water. Make sure all traces of the mask are removed, leaving your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
- Twice a Week: For best results, incorporate this routine into your skincare regimen twice a week. Consistency is key to achieving smoother, more refined skin over time.
With regular use, this DIY oat power face mask can help you achieve the poreless complexion you’ve been dreaming of.
Here are the top benefits of using the DIY Oat Face Mask for Large Pores:
- Pore Minimization: Oat power, combined with other natural ingredients, works to tighten and shrink large pores, giving your skin a smoother and more refined appearance.
- Gentle Exfoliation: The mask’s finely ground oat powder provides gentle exfoliation, helping to slough away dead skin cells and impurities, leaving your skin looking fresh and radiant.
- Hydration and Nourishment: Honey and rose water in the mask offer deep hydration and nourishment, helping to restore your skin’s natural balance and softness.
- Brighter Complexion: Regular use of this mask can help reduce dullness and promote a brighter complexion, enhancing your overall skin tone and texture.
- Natural and Budget-Friendly: Crafting your own DIY face mask at home with simple, natural ingredients not only ensures that you’re avoiding harsh chemicals but also saves you money compared to commercial skincare products.
Incorporating this DIY face mask into your skincare routine can lead to noticeable improvements in your skin’s texture, tone, and pore size, all while providing a spa-like experience in the comfort of your own home.
Here are more articles on DIY body butters, creams and face masks:
- Easy DIY Body Moisturizing Butter with Lemon: Nourish Your Skin
- DIY Turmeric Gel Face Mask: Your Key to Flawless Skin Tone
- Easy DIY Licorice Body Butter: Nourishing Elegance with Natural Fragrance
- Effective DIY Cream for Melasma Solution: Harnessing Avocado and Flaxseed Power
- Nourishing DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream Infused with Rose Essence
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps for how to make this easy DIY Face Mask for Large Pores are demonstrated between the timestamps 2m10s and 5m18s of this video.