About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Introducing our guide to creating an easy DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream with Rose. This enriching formula combines the rejuvenating properties of aloe vera with the delicate essence of rose. Discover how to craft a nourishing blend that revitalizes your skin, leaving it supple, radiant, and beautifully moisturized.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to concoct your very own Aloe Vera Body Cream infused with the soothing benefits of rose.
- Aloe vera gel
- Aloe vera carrier oil
- Rose extract. For optimal results, consider making your own at home following the guidelines outlined in this article. Keep in mind that preparing the extract will require one month before it’s ready to be incorporated into your homemade beauty products.
- Mica color powder, red
- Rose essential oil
Use only high-quality ingredients. Opting for premium ingredients will elevate the effectiveness, safety, and overall experience of your handmade beauty products.
- Measuring spoon
- Small whisk
- Wooden popsicle
- 20-milliliter container to store your DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream
1- Start by putting 37 milliliters (1.25 US fl oz) of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
2- Add 30 milliliters (1.01 US fl oz) of aloe vera carrier oil.
3- With a small whisk, mix thoroughly. The contents start acquiring a creamy texture.
4- Add 15 milliliters (0.50 US fl oz) of rose extract.
5- These are the ingredients so far in the bowl.
6- Mix again thoroughly with the whisk.
7- With the tip of a wooden popsicle, add a little of mica powder, red color.
8- Mix again.
9- Add 1 gram (0.035 oz) of rose essential oil.
10- With the small whisk, give the final mixture a rigorous and thorough mixing.
11- Scoop the DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream into a small container, and you’re done!
How To Use: DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream
After crafting your own nourishing DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream infused with rose essence, it’s time to incorporate it into your skincare routine. Follow these simple steps:
- Cleanse Your Skin: Start with clean, freshly washed skin. Gently pat your skin dry with a towel.
- Scoop a Small Amount: Using clean fingers or a spatula, scoop a small amount of the DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream from the container. Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Warm the Cream: Rub the cream between your palms for a few seconds. This helps to warm it slightly, making it easier to apply and ensuring even distribution.
- Apply to Your Skin: Begin applying the cream to your skin. Start with areas that tend to be drier, like elbows, knees, and heels. Massage the cream in using gentle, circular motions.
- Massage and Absorb: As you apply the cream, take a moment to massage it into your skin. This not only encourages absorption but also promotes relaxation and circulation.
- Extend to Other Areas: Continue applying the cream to the rest of your body, working your way up from your feet to your neck. Be sure to include your arms, chest, and back.
- Focus on Delicate Areas: For your face, use a lighter touch and apply a small amount. Avoid getting the cream in your eyes. If desired, you can also apply the cream to your hands.
- Allow Absorption: Give the cream a few minutes to absorb into your skin before getting dressed. This allows the nourishing ingredients to penetrate and hydrate effectively.
- Use Daily: For optimal results, use the DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream daily as part of your skincare routine. Consistency is key to experiencing the full benefits of the cream over time.
- Hydration and Moisturization: Aloe vera is renowned for its exceptional moisturizing properties. When used in a DIY body cream, it helps to lock in moisture, keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day. This is particularly beneficial for dry or dehydrated skin, as it helps prevent flakiness and maintains a smooth complexion.
- Soothing and Calming: Aloe vera possesses natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. Applying aloe vera body cream can help alleviate skin irritation, redness, and discomfort, making it a great option for sensitive or sun-exposed skin. The addition of rose essence further enhances these calming effects.
- Skin Regeneration: Aloe vera contains vitamins, enzymes, and amino acids that support skin cell regeneration. Regular use of DIY aloe vera body cream can contribute to healthier-looking skin by aiding in the healing of minor cuts, scrapes, and other skin imperfections.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants that can help combat the effects of free radicals, which contribute to premature aging. When used as a component of your body cream, aloe vera can promote a youthful appearance by improving skin elasticity and minimizing the appearance of fine lines.
- Natural Glow and Radiance: The combination of aloe vera and rose essence can lend your skin a natural, healthy glow. Aloe vera’s hydrating properties nourish the skin, while the delicate scent of rose can evoke a sense of freshness and vitality, enhancing your overall complexion.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I adjust the scent of the body cream?
Yes, you can personalize the scent by adjusting the amount of rose essential oil you add. Start with a small amount and gradually increase it to achieve your desired fragrance level.
- Is the body cream suitable for all skin types?
Generally, DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream is suitable for most skin types, including sensitive skin. However, it’s recommended to perform a patch test before full application to ensure compatibility and avoid any potential allergies.
- How long does the homemade rose extract last?
When stored in a cool, dark place, the homemade rose extract can last several months. However, its potency might diminish over time, so it’s recommended to make smaller batches for optimal freshness.
- Will the body cream leave a greasy residue?
When formulated correctly, DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream should absorb well into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. Start with a small amount and adjust as needed to achieve the desired level of hydration.
- Can I use store-bought aloe vera gel and carrier oil?
Yes, you can use store-bought aloe vera gel and carrier oil as alternatives. However, be sure to choose high-quality, pure ingredients for the best results.
Here are more articles on DIY body butters and creams:
- DIY Rose Body Butter at Home: Petals and Cocoa to Unveil Your Radiance
- DIY Lotion for Soft Skin: Unlocking Luxurious Moisturizing with Argan Oil
- Powerful DIY Matcha Body Butter for Radiant Skin: Step-by-Step Guide
- Powerful DIY Natural Deodorant Cream: Stay Fresh and Confident All Day
- DIY Natural Jelly for Hands: Experience the Magic of Soft, Supple Skin
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps for how to make the DIY Aloe Vera Body Cream are demonstrated between the timestamps 11m21s and 16m00s of this video.