About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
In just a few simple steps, this Easy DIY Cucumber Face Toner revitalizes your complexion using only 2 natural ingredients. Say goodbye to complicated skincare routines – our fuss-free recipe ensures glowing results effortlessly.
Pamper your skin with this quick and effective homemade solution, embracing the power of simplicity for a naturally beautiful you!
- 4 small cucumbers, or 2 medium-sized cucumbers
- Rose water
Choose high-quality ingredients to boost the effectiveness and safety of your DIY beauty products. Also, where an essential oil is included in my recipes, I utilize either of two types of essential oils: pure, if added in drops, or diluted, if mixed in grams.
- Stainless steel cup with handle
- Vegetable peeler
- Vegetable grater or juicer
- 100-milliliter (3.38-US fl oz) bottle to store your DIY Cucumber Face Toner
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: DIY Cucumber Face Toner
Prepare Cucumber Juice
1- Start by washing 4 small cucumbers.
2- You can opt for either of the following two methods to extract the cucumber juice. You need 1/2 cup of cucumber juice, so 4 small cucumbers, or 2 medium-sized cucumbers, or one large cucumber will yield that much juice.
- Peel the outer skin of each cucumber.
- Grate all the cucumbers in their entirety.
- Place the grated cucumber pieces in a sieve, then press them with a spoon to collect the juice.
- Peel the outer skin of each cucumber.
- Put the peeled cucumbers in a juicer to extract the juice.
Do not throw away the cucumber pulp after extracting the juice. Refer to the section Tips and Hints at the end of the article for how to make use of it. The cucumber is an amazing vegetable, and we can benefit from every part of it.
3- After extracting the cucumber juice, fill 3/4 of a 100ml bottle with the juice.
4- Top up the remaining space with rose water.
5- Shake the bottle slightly to mix the two ingredients.
6- Your DIY Cucumber Face Toner is now ready!
How to Use: DIY Cucumber Face Toner
- Chill in the Fridge:
Store your DIY Cucumber Face Toner in the fridge for an extra refreshing touch.
- Application with Cotton Pad or Spray Bottle: If using a cotton pad, after cleansing, pour a small amount onto a pad. If stored in a spray bottle, hold it at a distance for a convenient spritz.
- Gently Sweep Across Face: Glide the cotton pad or spray evenly across your face, using soft and controlled motions. Whether you’re using a cotton pad or a spritz from the spray bottle, ensure a delicate application. This allows the toner to effectively hydrate and tone your skin without causing any unnecessary friction or irritation.
- Morning and Evening Use: For optimal results, incorporate the toner into your morning and evening skincare routine.
- Enjoy the Refreshing Sensation: Feel the cool and soothing effects, embracing the simplicity of this homemade beauty elixir.
- Natural Hydration: Cucumber’s high water content ensures deep hydration, leaving your skin refreshed and revitalized.
- Gentle Toning: The toner’s natural astringent properties help tighten pores, promoting a smoother complexion.
- Radiant Glow: Regular use promotes a natural, healthy glow, enhancing your skin’s overall appearance.
- Soothing Sensation: Cucumber’s calming effect soothes irritated skin, making it ideal for sensitive skin types.
- Simple and Affordable: With only 2 ingredients, this DIY toner offers an easy, cost-effective way to elevate your skincare routine.
- Fridge-Fresh: Stored in the fridge, the toner provides an extra burst of freshness for a spa-like experience.
- Versatile Use: Suitable for morning and evening application, integrating seamlessly into your daily skincare regimen.
Hints and Tips
Tip for Cucumber Pulp: DIY Nourishing Scrub
Repurpose your cucumber pulp into a revitalizing scrub with these simple steps:
- Take 2 tablespoons of cucumber pulp.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar for exfoliation.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for hydration.
- Squeeze the contents of a vitamin E capsule for an extra boost.
Blend the ingredients, and voila – you have a natural and nourishing scrub ready to rejuvenate your skin.
Here are more articles you might be interested in:
- DIY Rose Face Toner: Easy Fresh Petal Recipe for a Refreshed You
- DIY Creamy Perfume with Lavender and Musk: Crafting Your Sensual Bridal Scent
- DIY Natural Deodorant Balm At Home: Craft Your Own Freshness Formula
- DIY Solid Perfume for Body and Hair: Irresistible Scents at Your Fingertips
- DIY Oil Perfume with Shiny Finish: Sparkling Elegance
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Cucumber Face Toner are demonstrated between the timestamps 7m38s and 8m57s of this video,