About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
If you’re looking for a natural and effective way to revitalize your skin, look no further than this DIY turmeric face scrub!
Made with just four ingredients — sugar, almond oil, honey, and turmeric powder — this easy-to-make scrub can help exfoliate dead skin cells, brighten your complexion, and reduce inflammation. Plus, it’s free of harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin.
In this article, we’ll show you step-by-step how to make your own turmeric face scrub at home and how to incorporate it into your skincare routine for best results. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
- Almond oil. Alternative: Jojoba oil
- Natural honey
- Turmeric powder. This turmeric is special for skincare applications.
- Measuring cups: 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup
- Mixing / stirring stick
- Electric hand mixer
- Container to store the scrub
Steps: DIY Turmeric Face Scrub
1- Add 1 cup of sugar to a bowl.
2- Add a tablespoon of turmeric powder.
3- Add 1/3 of a cup of almond oil.
4- Mix the ingredients together.
5- Add a tablespoon of honey and mix well.
6- Since this is a face scrub, we will use now an electric hand mixer to make the scrub finer. This is really optional. If you don’t want to use the electric mixer, just be gentle when you apply the scrub on your face.
7- Put the scrub in a container and you’re done!
Note: We don’t add an essential oil to a face scrub. It is not advisable. However, if you really want to, add only 1-2 drops.
How To Use: DIY Turmeric Face Scrub
Start with clean and dry skin. You can use a cleanser to wash your face and then pat it dry with a towel.
Next, take a small amount of DIY turmeric face scrub with your fingertips and gently massage it on your face using circular motions. Avoid going near the eye area.
After that, you should leave the scrub on your face for 5-15 minutes to allow it to work its magic.
Finally, rinse your face with warm water and use a washcloth to remove any leftover scrub. You can then use a moisturizer or your other skincare products as required.
Note: Depending on your skin’s needs, consider repeating this process once or twice a week.
Benefits: DIY Turmeric Face Scrub
DIY turmeric face scrub has many benefits such as:
- Reduces irritation: Inflammation is a very common issue for people with sensitive skin. A turmeric face scrub has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce redness and skin irritation.
- Exfoliates your skin: Using a turmeric face scrub regularly will result in the elimination of dead cells on your skin. In turn, your skin will look much brighter and smoother.
- Moisturizes your skin: A turmeric face scrub is a great moisturizing product. It’s a good addition to your skincare routine if you’re looking to hydrate your skin to keep it soft and supple.
- Has anti-aging properties: Turmeric is known to help stimulate collagen production in our skin. Collagen is a protein that helps keep our skin plump and firm. As we age, our bodies start to produce less of it. Using a turmeric face scrub can help promote collagen production and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Contains all-natural ingredients: Skincare products in the market can sometimes contain harmful chemicals for your skin. Because you’re making your own turmeric face scrub at home, it’ll contain natural ingredients. In essence, you control what goes into the product, which is always a good thing!
More articles on DIY natural handmade scrubs:
- DIY Turmeric and Lemon Scrub
- DIY Lightening Body Scrub With Blue Nila And Licorice Extract
- Luxurious DIY Homemade Body Scrub To Revitalize Your Skin
- Exfoliate and Nourish Your Skin with a DIY Foaming Body Scrub: Step-By-Step Guide
- Transform Your Skin with a DIY Rose Body Scrub: Natural and Effective
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The DIY Turmeric Face Scrub recipe is demonstrated in this video.