About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Make Your Own Orange Body Butter with this nourishing DIY recipe. If you’re looking for a natural way to nourish your skin, this luxurious body butter is the perfect solution.
With simple ingredients like shea butter, orange dried peel powder, and a few oils, you can create a nourishing blend that will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of making your own orange body butter, perfect for those who want an all-natural skincare solution. So, let’s get started and pamper your skin with this easy DIY recipe for orange body butter!
- Shea butter
- Orange dried peel powder
- Jojoba carrier oil
- Carrot carrier oil
- Lavender carrier Oil
- Mica color powder – orange color
- Mandarin essential oil
- Vitamin E
Note: You can replace the jojoba and carrot carrier oils with oils that better suit your skin and that are available to you.
- Scale to measure weights
- Electric hand mixer
- Measuring cups
- Wooden spatula
- Container to store the body butter.
Steps: Make Your Own Orange Body Butter
1- Put 100 grams (3.52 oz.) of shea butter in a bowl.
2- Heat it in a hot water bath (bain-marie) until it completely melts. A hot water bath is done by placing the bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water on the stove. This will gradually melt the contents inside the bowl without causing them to burn. As the contents melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
3- Add 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil (each tablespoon is 15ml, so total is 30ml).
4- Add 1 tablespoon of carrot oil after that (that is 15ml).
5- Add about 5 drops of lavender oil.
6- Mix well.
7- After you have thoroughly mixed, place the bowl in the fridge for about 20 minutes to cool. The idea is to let the mix cool down and partially harden.
8- Add orange mica color powder next.
9- Mix the mica powder first by hand, then with an electric hand mixer.
10- You can add more mica color powder if you wish to have a stronger body butter color. Just ensure that after adding the additional quantity, you mix the contents thoroughly by hand.
11- Add a couple drops of mandarin essential oil for fragrance.
12- Now is the time to add 5 grams (0.18 oz.) of orange dried peel powder. This is just orange peel that you dry in the sun, then grind into powder using a grinder.
13- Lastly, squeeze the contents of a vitamin E capsule into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
14- Put the body butter into a small container that has been cleaned and disinfected. To do that, just wash the container with warm water and soap, dry it, then spray it with medical alcohol 70%. Let it dry and wipe it with a tissue.
How To Use: Make Your Own Orange Body Butter
- Take a small amount of the body butter in your hands and rub your palms together to warm it up.
- Apply the body butter to your skin, starting with dry areas like your elbows, knees, and heels.
- Gently massage the body butter into your skin using circular motions.
- Continue applying the body butter to the rest of your body, focusing on areas that need extra hydration.
- Allow the body butter to absorb into your skin for a few minutes before getting dressed.
- Use the body butter daily or as needed to keep your skin soft, smooth, and hydrated.
Note: A little bit of this body butter goes a long way, so start with a small amount and add more as needed. You can also customize the recipe to your liking by adjusting the amount of orange peel powder or essential oil you use.
Benefits: Make Your Own Orange Body Butter
- Moisturizing: Shea butter is a natural emollient, meaning it helps to lock in moisture and keep skin hydrated. This makes it an excellent choice for a body butter, as it can help prevent dryness and flakiness.
- Soothing: Shea butter also contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help soothe irritated skin. This makes it a great ingredient for those with sensitive skin or conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
- Antioxidant-rich: Orange peel powder is high in antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from environmental stressors like pollution and UV rays.
- Brightening: Orange peel powder also contains natural vitamin C, which can help brighten the skin and even out skin tone. This can give the skin a radiant, glowing appearance.
Overall, this DIY orange body butter recipe can help nourish, hydrate, soothe, and protect the skin, thanks to the powerful combination of shea butter and orange dried peel powder.
For more articles on DIY natural handmade body butters and creams, check these out:
- How to Make Natural Sunscreen Cream: A DIY Guide for Healthy Skin Protection
- DIY Vitamin C Night Cream: A Natural and Nourishing Skincare Solution for Overnight Rejuvenation
- DIY Moisturizing Cream: Nourish Your Skin with Coconut Oil & Shea Butter
- Lemon Body Butter Recipe: DIY Skincare for Healthy, Glowing Skin
- DIY Frankincense Body Butter: Transform Your Skin with this Natural Skincare Recipe
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make your own orange body butter are demonstrated in this video.