About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
If you’re looking for a natural and effective way to exfoliate your skin, you can’t go wrong with a DIY rose scrub. Made with simple and affordable ingredients, this homemade scrub can help you achieve smooth and beautiful skin right from the comfort of your own home.
This scrub has the blue nila as one of its ingredients – also known as indigo powder. The blue nila has a vibrant, deep blue color, that overpowers other ingredients’ colors.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make your own DIY rose scrub, step by step. Whether you’re looking to pamper yourself or give a thoughtful handmade gift to a friend or loved one, this recipe is sure to impress.
- White sugar
- A carrier oil of your choosing, like sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, or grapeseed oil. But here, I will use aloe vera body oil
- Transparent shower gel (we will use coconut shower gel specifically). We want the shower gel to be transparent to bring out the blue nila color
- Rose essential oil
- Blue nila powder. Also known as indigo powder
- Vitamin E capsule
- Scale to measure quantities
- Wooden spoon
Steps: DIY Rose Scrub
1- Add 300 grams (10.58 oz.) of white sugar to a bowl.
2- Add 3 grams (0.11 oz.) of blue nila powder. For every 100 grams (3.53 oz.) of sugar, we add 1 gram (0.04 oz.) of blue nila powder (in this case we added 300 grams of sugar, so we add 3 grams of blue nila powder).
3- Mix the ingredients well.
4- Add 50 grams (1.76 oz.) of transparent shower gel and mix thoroughly. Be careful not to add too much shower gel.
5- Add 10 grams (0.35 oz.) of aloe vera body oil and mix.
6- Add 9 grams (0.32 oz.) of rose essential oil and mix. For every 100 grams (3.53 oz) of sugar, we add 3 grams (0.11 oz) of rose essential oil (in this case we added 300 grams of sugar, so we add 9 grams of rose essential oil).
7- Empty the contents of a single vitamin E capsule into the mixture and mix well.
8- Now, before we transfer the scrub to a container for storage, we have to clean and disinfect the container – Just wash the container with warm water and soap, dry it, then spray it with medical alcohol 70%. Let it dry and wipe it with a tissue. This should be done for all your handmade products.
Pour the scrub into the container.
How To Use: DIY Rose Scrub With Blue Nila
Start by cleansing your skin with your usual cleanser. After you’re done, pat it dry with a towel.
Take a small amount of the scrub with your fingertips and gently apply it to your skin. Next, gently rub/massage the scrub on your skin using circular motions. It’s recommended not to apply too much pressure, as this can scratch the skin.
After you’re done, rinse the scrub off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a towel.
You can then follow this up by applying a moisturizer in order to hydrate your skin and lock in moisture.
You can use this product 2-3 times per week to notice great results, but don’t use it too frequently as this can cause skin irritation.
Benefits: DIY Rose Scrub With Blue Nil
Here are some benefits of using the rose scrub with blue nila:
- Hydration: DIY rose scrub with blue nila is great to add to your skincare routine thanks to its hydrating properties. Using it regularly will help in moisturizing your skin, which can leave it feeling smoother.
- Evenness: Blue nila is an awesome ingredient as it can help even out your skin tone. In turn, this can reduce the appearance of blemishes, dark spots, and other skin issues.
- Exfoliation: When it comes to exfoliating your skin, a rose scrub with blue nila is next to none. This product can help eliminate dead skin cells and other impurities.
- Anti-aging: Using this product regularly might be a good idea if you think you’re starting to look older. This is because blue nila contains antioxidants that can help fight off radicals. These radicals can damage your skin and cause you to look older. A rose scrub with blue nila will make you look younger.
- Relaxation: The scent of the rose scrub is enough to make anyone feel calm and at ease. It can help promote relaxation and reduce your stress levels. In turn, this can have a positive effect on your skin and overall well-being.
More articles on DIY handmade scrubs:
- DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub: Luxurious Skincare Treatment at Home – Pamper Your Skin
- DIY Turmeric Face Scrub – Revitalize Your Skin with 4 Ingredients
- DIY Aloe Vera Gel Scrub with Glitter: Sparkle and Glow Your Way to Healthy Skin
- DIY Turmeric and Lemon Scrub
- DIY Lightening Body Scrub With Blue Nila And Licorice Extract
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make the DIY Rose Scrub with Blue Nila are demonstrated in this video.