About the author: Jinane Doughan is a professional make-up artist with a degree from the French Fashion Institute ESMOD Dubai. She specialized in natural handmade skincare and haircare products.
Her YouTube channel, Jinane World, has 600+ educational videos and 100K+ subscribers.
She is an accredited Master Trainer and gives courses at a reputed academy that has 16 branches worldwide. She sells online courses about natural skincare.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Use any natural skincare or haircare products at your own risk and perform a patch test before use.
Introducing a refreshing twist in the world of makeup removal: Homemade Makeup Remover – a natural and refreshing blend that offers an alternative method to that in our previous article for cleansing your skin.
Harnessing the power of natural ingredients, we’ve crafted a rejuvenating elixir to bid farewell to stubborn makeup while nourishing your skin. Embrace the beauty of this unique homemade blend as we reveal its secrets and unveil a whole new level of skincare indulgence.
- Odorless shea butter
- Sesame oil – Carrier
- Carrot oil – Carrier
- Natural liquid soap
- Fragrance oil
- Scale to weigh quantities
- Stainless steel bowl
- Wooden popsicle
- Small containers to store the Homemade Makeup Remover
Prior to use, ensure that both your utensils and containers are properly cleaned and disinfected. Wash them with warm soapy water, dry with a tissue, and then sanitize by spraying with 70% medical alcohol. Wipe them clean and let them air dry before use.
Steps: Homemade Makeup Remover
1- Start by adding 30 grams (1.05 oz) of odorless shea butter in a bowl.
2- Melt the shea butter in a hot water bath (bain-marie). A bain-marie is done by placing the bowl in a larger pot of hot steaming water. This will gradually melt whatever is inside the bowl without causing it to burn. As the contents of the bowl melt, make sure to mix every now and then.
3- After the shea butter has melted, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (15 milliliters or 0.50 US fl oz).
4- Add 1 tablespoon of carrot oil (15 milliliters or 0.50 US fl oz).
5- Add 1 1/2 (1 and a half) tablespoons of natural liquid soap (22 milliliters or 0.75 US fl oz).
6- Mix thoroughly the ingredients.
7- Add 8 drops of your preferred fragrance oil.
8- Mix again.
9- Pour it into small containers.
10- Leave it to cool down. It will solidify and become like a balm.
11- Your Homemade Makeup Remover is now done!
Let’s Try it Out
a- I apply several makeup products on my wrist.
b- With a cotton pad, I use the Homemade Makeup Remover to wipe off the makeup.
How to Use the Homemade Makeup Remover
Using our Homemade Makeup Remover is a breeze, and you’ll love how effortlessly it cleanses your skin. Follow these simple steps for an effective makeup removal experience:
Step 1: Apply to a Cotton Pad
Take a clean cotton pad and put a small amount of the Homemade Makeup Remover onto it. You don’t need much, as a little goes a long way.
Step 2: Gently Cleanse Your Skin
Close your eyes and place the cotton pad over each eye for a few seconds. This helps to break down and dissolve eye makeup. Then, in gentle circular motions, swipe the pad across your face, paying extra attention to areas with heavy makeup.
Step 3: Repeat if Necessary
For heavier makeup days, you may need to repeat the process to ensure a thorough cleanse. Don’t worry; the natural blend is kind to your skin and won’t cause any irritation.
Step 4: Rinse (Optional)
If you prefer, you can rinse your face with water after using the Homemade Makeup Remover. However, many people find that the natural ingredients leave their skin feeling nourished and moisturized enough without the need for rinsing.
Step 5: Follow with Your Skincare Routine
After makeup removal, continue with your regular skincare routine, such as toning, moisturizing, and applying any other treatments you prefer.
Enjoy the refreshing and natural sensation as you experience the cleansing power of our Homemade Makeup Remover.
Benefits: Homemade Makeup Remover
Here are seven of the most important benefits of using our Homemade Makeup Remover:
- Gentle on the Skin: The natural ingredients in the blend are gentle on the skin, making it suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and delicate skin.
- Effective Makeup Removal: Despite its gentleness, the Homemade Makeup Remover effectively removes even stubborn makeup.
- Nourishing and Hydrating: The blend contains nourishing oils like sesame oil and carrot oil, which help hydrate and moisturize the skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Unlike many commercial makeup removers that may contain harsh chemicals, this homemade blend is free from any harmful substances, making it a safer choice for your skin and overall health.
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly: By opting for a DIY approach, you contribute to a more eco-friendly beauty routine, reducing the use of single-use plastic bottles and minimizing your environmental impact.
- Cost-Effective: Creating your own makeup remover with readily available ingredients can save you money in the long run compared to buying commercial products.
- Customizable and Personalized: You have the freedom to adjust the blend to suit your preferences and skin needs. Experiment with different fragrance oils or carrier oils to create a personalized makeup remover that fits your skin perfectly.
Embrace these significant benefits as you integrate our Homemade Makeup Remover into your beauty regimen, experiencing the joy of natural and effective skincare in a sustainable and nourishing way.
Here are more articles on how to make your own natural makeup products:
- Easy DIY Lipstick and Lip Moisturizer: Get Luscious Lips with 2 Ingredients Only
- DIY Lip and Cheek Tint: Embrace a Rosy Radiance Naturally
- DIY Easy and Natural Lip Balm: Enhance Lips with Natural Beauty
- Blusher and Lipstick DIY: Aloe Vera Butter and Mica Powder Magic
- DIY Natural Makeup Concealer: Say Goodbye to Chemicals!
Video How-To on My Channel | Jinane World
The steps to make this Homemade Makeup Remover are demonstrated in this video.